Subject: Difference between doors and open entrances rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I note that many rooms have doors, and many have open exits (basically a corridor trailing off). However the rules exclusively refer to doors, the open exits never seem to be mentioned.

I understand thematically you cannot backtrack and 'close the door' behind you where there isn't one but, my questions (with assumed responses) are:
1. Do you roll to add an extra room as soon as you reveal an open exit? (assumed not).
2. Does the door of a new room have to be connected to a door of the room you are in, or can it connect anywhere?
3. Assuming you can add an open exit to an open exit, and a door to a door, can you also add an open exit to a door, and a new door to an open exit?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:
I note that many rooms have doors, and many have open exits (basically a corridor trailing off). However the rules exclusively refer to doors, the open exits never seem to be mentioned.

I understand thematically you cannot backtrack and 'close the door' behind you where there isn't one but, my questions (with assumed responses) are:
1. Do you roll to add an extra room as soon as you reveal an open exit? (assumed not).
2. Does the door of a new room have to be connected to a door of the room you are in, or can it connect anywhere?
3. Assuming you can add an open exit to an open exit, and a door to a door, can you also add an open exit to a door, and a new door to an open exit?

Thanks in advance.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
Gribbon wrote:

Thanks in advance.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes

Cheers!

Hey, Rev! Question #2 was an either/or question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jude wrote:
Gribbon wrote:

Thanks in advance.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes

Cheers!

Hey, Rev! Question #2 was an either/or question.

modest

2. Has to be connected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you orient the room based on the door you are entering from. So if the door from the door you are coming from is pointing east you would rotate the room you are entering into 90 degrees clockwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you orient the room based on the door you are entering from. So if the door from the door you are coming from is pointing east you would rotate the room you are entering into 90 degrees clockwise.

Hey Rev - where did you see that? My understanding based on browsing their yahoo group is you can rotate a room however you like, as long as the doors/corridors match up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:

Hey Rev - where did you see that? My understanding based on browsing their yahoo group is you can rotate a room however you like, as long as the doors/corridors match up?

Good to know, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't playing wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.