Hide
10 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I retreat as soon as I activate a system? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Wilson
msg tools
I had a play through with one of my sons. I brought my fleet and ground troops into a vacant system. To my surprise, it was the system containing the rebel base. I was not prepared to do battle with all his forces. So immediately after activating and entering the system, I retreated from it before a battle could ensue. Was that a legal move or did we have to have a round of combat before I could retreat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
jwpilly wrote:
I had a play through with one of my sons. I brought my fleet and ground troops into a vacant system. To my surprise, it was the system containing the rebel base. I was not prepared to do battle with all his forces. So immediately after activating and entering the system, I retreated from it before a battle could ensue. Was that a legal move or did we have to have a round of combat before I could retreat?

Retreating is the last phase of a round of combat, so no, what you did was not legal. You have to fight a round first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Technically, retreat phase is the second to last part of a combat round. The last phase is the "next round" step. Usually nothing happens in this step, but it is when the DSUC would be destroyed if it was the only imperial ship in space with rebel ships. Also, this is when structures would be destroyed if they were the only rebel ground units on the ground with imperial ground units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough Regardless, it's not at the beginning, so you still have to do a round of combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Technically, retreat phase is the second to last part of a combat round. The last phase is the "next round" step. Usually nothing happens in this step, but it is when the DSUC would be destroyed if it was the only imperial ship in space with rebel ships. Also, this is when structures would be destroyed if they were the only rebel ground units on the ground with imperial ground units.

Where is the point about structures? I was trying to find it the other day and couldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 4 for the Reference Guide, in the Combat section, right-hand column, under "IV Next Round"; it's the first bullet point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
Thanks for the response. I now see how it is laid out in the rule book even though its not stated specifically. In any case I still accomplished my goal with the game: spending time with my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwpilly wrote:
Thanks for the response. I now see how it is laid out in the rule book even though its not stated specifically. In any case I still accomplished my goal with the game: spending time with my kids.

And that goal is far more important than anything the rulebook can ever provide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwpilly wrote:

Forgive me for asking if this is too personal, but how old are your kids? I'm curious as to how young you've managed to teach this game to- and I'm hoping my sister will let me teach my nephew some games in the future (he can understand Chutes & Ladders, but loses interest quickly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you were asking someone else, but for what it's worth, my daughter is 13. I've been playing games with her for years, though with Rebellion I probably wouldn't have tried playing it with her any younger than maybe 10 or 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.