$30.00
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prodos is offering 40% discount on all megabundles and 30% discount on single expansions...

If you are US based, select USD from the drop down.

I have done comparrisons on the bundles and even paying for the shipping you are saving money vs CSI. Some bundles also come with content not released yet from what I see.

http://shop.prodosgames.com/8-alien-vs-predator

Please, no hate speech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Re: Alien vs. Predator: The Hunt begins 30-40%off!
Companies can shield themselves from criticism by hiding behind the shield of "hate speech" as well now? Dang!

. . . . Prodos sucks. They do not deserve anyone's money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Raxximus wrote:
Please, no hate speech.

hope you don't consider this hate speech but you should read the thread pinned to this forum for suggestions for what to include in a hot deals post and it's subject... hint: put the retailer/seller in the subject! see

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1417183/what-hot-deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
argh, you also forgot to mention this is a UK based retailer... w/currency exchange rates and overseas shipping is this even a warm deal? See

http://www.boardgameprices.com/compare-prices-for?q=ALIEN%20...

for domestic sellers/prices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For an all in bundle, including shipping its still cheaper than CSI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You select USD as the currency and can see they are cheaper than other online sellers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:

Why? Not familiar with them or their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
broken clock wrote:

Here we go again. lol... I'm sure someone will drag up the forum posts as to why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
broken clock wrote:

Here we go again. lol... I'm sure someone will drag up the forum posts as to why.

A single link will more than suffice without derailing the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as an example of the sale, I paid $311 vs $389 on CSI for ALL game content.

All that matters here is the sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
NuMystic wrote:
alandric wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
broken clock wrote:

This is a recent thread that covers most of the bases. I feel your despair, Kickstarter backers, but don't go full Hudson on us.

TLDR: Disaster of a Kickstarter with a sprinkling of lies and hostages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

Here ya go: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1581671/summary-findingsris...

Short answer:
* Prodos took over three years (and still counting) to fulfill rewards from their Aliens vs. Predator KS, even after showing production miniatures.
* Retail copies of AvP are available on sale, while backers still have not received all their rewards.
* Prodos had poor communication with backers, including threats of legal action and revealing personal information on the internet.
* Possible poor communication or other issues with Fox as well.
* Prodos used Aliens vs. Predator funds to ship rewards from their previous KS..
* The AvP KS project is out of money, although Prodos itself is still in business, with new projects (eg. Space Crusade).
* Prodos has or had a history of poor QA with small companies.
* Prodos attempted to hide their identity during the LOAD campaign under a so-called NDA.
* Prodos plagiarized rules from Rum and Bones (or at least hired someone who did).
* Prodos is known for their miniatures, not their game design. Aliens vs. Predator rules have been revised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hell hath no fury like a scorned Kick-starter backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I thought I had seen this sale was to end yesterday, but it appears to still be going. Was it extended, and if so for how long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
So I thought I had seen this sale was to end yesterday, but it appears to still be going. Was it extended, and if so for how long?

I didn't see a new end date, but the deal is pretty good so if you're considering pulling the trigger, I wouldn't wait too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a reminder, this isn't a Kickstarter...it is a sale. Please keep the KS talk and otherwise out of context banter to other forums. Thanks

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raxximus wrote:
As a reminder, this isn't a Kickstarter...it is a sale. Please keep the KS talk and otherwise out of context banter to other forums. Thanks

Richard

I think whether a game company is reliable and how they treat their customers are both perfectly within the context of any "hot deal" post. Quite frankly, I want to know these things before I spend my hard-earned money, especially $350 worth of it. I don't blindly throw my money at them just because they have shiny minis and the price is cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
Raxximus wrote:

Richard

I think whether a game company is reliable and how they treat their customers are both perfectly within the context of any "hot deal" post. Quite frankly, I want to know these things before I spend my hard-earned money, especially $350 worth of it. I don't blindly throw my money at them just because they have shiny minis and the price is cheap.

No, its not. What happened somewhere else, some other time doesn't affect this sale from a company, (again, not a KS). Or, if you like, then go spend an extra $70+ on the same content somewhere else lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
Raxximus wrote:

Richard

Also, whether any of those facts are included in this forum, doesn't take away the fact that this is the best deal you will currently find for this stuff. That being said, if this sale ends up having issues, I will surely report that and encourage others too as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Games get discussed in deal threads all the time. Even with the sale, this is a ton of money for a controversial game, being purchased directly from its even more controversial developer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raxximus wrote:
esquire468 wrote:
Raxximus wrote:

Richard

No, its not. What happened somewhere else, some other time doesn't affect this sale from a company, (again, not a KS). Or, if you like, then go spend an extra $70+ on the same content somewhere else lol.

Unfortunately, things don't occur in a bubble. If a company gave their customers poor service in the past, that is relevant as to how they will treat their customers in the future. For instance, it appears many KS backers have reported that Prodos has failed to respond to their emails. If I have an issue with an order I place on their web store, would I expect to receive the same treatment? And that does not only extend to their online sales. What if I buy their product from Coolstuff, and it is broken and I need a replacement? Am I to get any better treatment? Doubtful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something?
If I'm just buying the individual packs not the game or game with packs it's not cheaper than CSI or others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Am I missing something?
If I'm just buying the individual packs not the game or game with packs it's not cheaper than CSI or others.

I'm not sure Randolph. The individual packs are the 30% off, but I bought a bundle for 40% off. The bundle came out to be $311 shipped and included the turrets for the marines that wasn't listed on CSI. I priced out everything on CSI (minus the turrets because it wasn't there) and it came out to $389.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which bundle is/was $311 shipped? The all-in bundle is $349 plus shipping and the individual bundles vary from $153.60 to $177.60 plus shipping. Did the bundles or prices change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Henschel

Colorado Springs
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
Which bundle is/was $311 shipped? The all-in bundle is $349 plus shipping and the individual bundles vary from $153.60 to $177.60 plus shipping. Did the bundles or prices change?

I ordered the All in bundle.

Try adding it to your cart and going to checkout. I think it may add part of the discount at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.