Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In his review, Sam Healey says that Plums are wild cards. From reading the rules, we weren't sure if that was right. The rules say "Plum cards that you receive for going last are treated like any other Fruit card. " I can see how that could be interpreted to mean they can act as if they are any other particular fruit, or it could mean that they are treated just like other types of fruit are treated, as a distinct fruit of their own type.

So which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The latter, more or less (plums received for going last are not distinct from the other plums). Plums are not wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I too interpretedas "Wild". But they are not. They are an 'extra' type. They can be us3d as any other fruit would, but not paired/tripled with another fruit.

They are Plums, they are used for, card #25 and for being a different fruit than other fruits. So they can complete Mixed, or the Pairings if used with other plums ONLY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind of hoping they were wild cards as I thought that would make the dynamic of going for low card vs high card on a trick more interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They would be way too powerful if they were wild and would make it too easy to satisfy scoring cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
We accidentally played that way once. They were too good. It was easy to pull off the Full House and 2 Pair requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
I was kind of hoping they were wild cards as I thought that would make the dynamic of going for low card vs high card on a trick more interesting

Building up a load of plums can make some of the 2nd and 3rd phase VP cards much easier to get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.