Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: Science-Fiction Card Game Art (PAID) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leper Colony
msg tools
I have designed a science-fiction themed card game, and am need of art. Our game is currently in what the sticky note would call the Alpha stage.

I'm going to be commissioning from multiple artists, and I am receptive to a range of styles, but ideally the aesthetics most suited to my needs are:

Realistic
Semi-Realistic
Comic (Marvel/DC)
"Realistic" Anime

Highly stylized (cutesy super-deformed, for instance), while great, doesn't fit with the aesthetic I'm seeking.

I will be commissioning works for:

Characters
Ships/Vehicles/Equipment
Locations
Environments
Action Scenes

These are FULLY PAID opportunities. I'm not looking to lowball anyone, or exploit them for "exposure." I want quality, and I am willing to respect the work it takes to produce.

Right now I only anticipate the need for a few works, as we are commissioning premium pieces as "showcase" representations for our game before we launch our crowdfunding.

If you are interested, you can:

Reply to this thread
Drop me a note here on BGG
Email me at jeffsyin AT gmail dot com

If I receive a large volume of responses (either here or at other art sites), it may become difficult or impossible to respond individually. Your understanding is appreciated, and I also want you to know that I appreciated every single response, whether or not we're able to work together. I am in a creative field too, I know how hard it is!

Thanks!

Jeff Yin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Twu
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Jeff

What is the schedule for this project?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leper Colony
msg tools
Thanks for the question!

We are finalizing terms with the licensor next week. Then we enter our pre-crowdfunding stage.

I'd also like to emphasize that the pre-crowdfunding commissions will be paid from a budget already set aside, independent of the funding campaign. There will be no deferred payments, and no conditional payments. Cash (well, paypal) on the barrel head.

Our first art goal is to commission sample cards for the different overarching categories found in the game (characters, ships, etc...). These commissions will be more detailed (and of course more expensive to us) than standard cards.

These premium commissions will have a late November due date, for a December Kickstarter.

After our campaign (assuming successful funding), we will be commissioning the remaining cards. Our goal is a September 2017 release, which means the art for those works will have to be completed by early/mid June 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Liu
msg tools
Hi Jeff, your project sounds really interesting.
Here is my portfolio: williamliu.carbonmade.com/
Let me know if you see anything you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi jeff,

I do starships and vehicles particularly well. Check out my portfolio site at www.pilotillustration.com. I can also do card layouts and graphic design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Jeff,

If you still look for someone, please check out my portfolio and my DeviantArt page.

My strong points are environements and vehicles/machines but also objects/devices, basically everything artificial and preferably high-tech/futuristic.

Looking forward to your reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.