$20.00
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
When the defender deploys, Hidden markers are placed on all his stacks. What happens if one unit moves away from a Hidden stack? Is a Hidden marker placed on that unit too?

Similarly, what if a unit leaves a Camouflaged structure? Is a Hidden marker placed on that unit?

Section 1.4.1.3 on Camouflage indicates that the Camouflage rule applies to the Camouflaged Defender' s Artillery as well. What does that mean? That Reconnaissance of the Defender's Artillery requires a successful Reveal roll when the Artillery is specified to be Camouflaged in the scenario? Is the Hidden / Camouflaged / Revealed status of the Defender's Artillery recorded by placing the relevant marker in the Revealed Box next to the ART Box?

Speaking of the ART Box, in what circumstances is the ART marker removed to the Elan cup? I was only able to find it to be the case with successful Barrage Against Communications? Any other situation where the ART marker may not be in the ART Box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
When the defender deploys, Hidden markers are placed on all his stacks. What happens if one unit moves away from a Hidden stack? Is a Hidden marker placed on that unit too?

This unit is not Hidden any more.

Quote:
Similarly, what if a unit leaves a Camouflaged structure? Is a Hidden marker placed on that unit?

This unit is not Hidden any more.

Quote:
Section 1.4.1.3 on Camouflage indicates that the Camouflage rule applies to the Camouflaged Defender' s Artillery as well. What does that mean? That Reconnaissance of the Defender's Artillery requires a successful Reveal roll when the Artillery is specified to be Camouflaged in the scenario?

Yes. If you choose the make a Reconnaissance toward the Defender's Artillery, you have to roll a die to check if your plane has detected something (on 5+).
When you choose the hexes/zones to reveal, I suggest you to choose the Camouflaged features you really want to reveal: It will permit you to roll the dice several times and have more chance to get a 5+

Quote:
Is the Hidden / Camouflaged / Revealed status of the Defender's Artillery recorded by placing the relevant marker in the Revealed Box next to the ART Box?

Artillery may be Camouflaged as per the scenario. Place a Camouflaged in the Revealed box next to the Art Box. This box is also used for the Revealed marker of course if the Attacking player chose to make a reco in this zone.
But, note that there's no need to place a Hidden marker in the ART box: the Artillery has never a Hidden status contrary to land units.

Quote:
Speaking of the ART Box, in what circumstances is the ART marker removed to the Elan cup? I was only able to find it to be the case with successful Barrage Against Communications? Any other situation where the ART marker may not be in the ART Box?

Only in the case of a successful Barrage against Communications. It means that the Artillery is not ready to fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks. I Would say that the first two answers do not seem consistent with the fact that a stack can stay Hidden when it moves (as long as it does not become adjacent to an enemy unit). Why then would a unit self-reveal just by moving away from a Hidden stack (or structure)?

As for the third answer am I to understand that counter-battery fire against the Defender's artillery is usually possible unless it is Camouflaged in which case the Defender's artillery needs to be successfully Revealed by Air Reconnaissance first before it can be targeted with counter-battery Fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
Why then would a unit self-reveal just by moving away from a Hidden stack (or structure)?

Oh very esay ton answer this question: I was certain it was in the rules. But, indeed, it is not. I will add it. A unit that moves loses his Hidden marker.

Quote:
As for the third answer am I to understand that counter-battery fire against the Defender's artillery is usually possible unless it is Camouflaged in which case the Defender's artillery needs to be successfully Revealed by Air Reconnaissance first before it can be targeted with counter-battery Fire?

Yes.
I am not fond of it but we have to simulate the fact that artillery is more difficukt to find than in 1914.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
A unit that moves loses his Hidden marker.

Aha! That is kind of a big miss in the rules. I had wondered about it. Now it makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Defenders are not supposed to move
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
I am not fond of it but we have to simulate the fact that artillery is more difficult to find than in 1914.

Was it really? I would have thought that with more air recon and better sound-locating techniques it would have been easier, but I don't know enough to dispute it.

However, this leads me to another question:

the Defender's artillery can be Camouflaged and has a lower probability of being hit if it has not been Revealed by the Attacker's Reconnaissance, but what of the Attacker's artillery?

I didn't see any scenario granting Recon assets to the Defender (or Camouflage to the Attacker's artillery for that matter).

Does that mean that the Defender never benefits from the +2 for firing at Revealed artillery?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
Was it really? I would have thought that with more air recon and better sound-locating techniques it would have been easier, but I don't know enough to dispute it.

I have to check, but, from memory, I think it is a question of smokeless powder and very long range artillery.

Quote:

the Defender's artillery can be Camouflaged and has a lower probability of being hit if it has not been Revealed by the Attacker's Reconnaissance, but what of the Attacker's artillery?

I didn't see any scenario granting Recon assets to the Defender (or Camouflage to the Attacker's artillery for that matter).

Does that mean that the Defender never benefits from the +2 for firing at Revealed artillery?

Yep - before the assault, some preparations have been undertaken by the Attacker. It deserves this bonus.
The German have a bonus when firing at his own line because he has the exact coordinates of his positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.