Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
After almost 5 years in storage, I finally got my AT-43 armies back: roughly 7,000 AP of UNA, 6,500 AP of Red Blok, 9,000 of Therian, 13,000 of Karman, 6,800 of Cogs, and 3,100 of ONI.

So look out for at least one battle report video in the coming months at the Esoteric Order of Gamers. I hope there are still some people out there who play and enjoy AT-43. Given that there's so little for sale anywhere anymore, a lot of people must be hoarding armies.

The figures still look great I reckon. Whether the rules will hold up to more comprehensive play remains to be seen. I've spent a frightening amount of time and money on this game, and yet only played it about five times! Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... I'm still hoarding mine; although I haven't played in ages. I'm looking forward to your battle reports!

...mmm...the memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Simcoe (Norfolk)
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I've still got all mine in storage as well Would love to drag them out for a play or 3, as I never really managed to delve deeply into it. Just a handful of starter games here and there.

Such a pity Rackham imploded and this game faded into relative obscurity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have large armies of UNA, Red Blok, Karmans and Therons, but was never able to get any Oni or Cogs. And, yes, what I have is stored away. I keep meaning to dig them out and play the skirmish version of AT-43 using my Battle Systems sci-fi terrain.

(I also have several thousand points worth of all of the Confrontation armies. damn, I was sad to see Rackham go.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking through the Cry Havoc magazines, and it really is sad that the company folded - the graphic design and the overall visual style was incredible. They had an amazing team of artists and designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have my 10K Red Blok and around 7K Therians. One day I'll snag a UNA force and have the big 3. The rest of the "newer" armies were pure cheese.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't trade my cigar-chompin' Karmans for nuttin'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite miniature war gaming game of all time!

I have a huge Red Blok army waiting to be called on for revolutionary action.

A few months ago, I tried organizing a local (Metro Vancouver) AT-43 revival before my life took a hit with nasty divorce/separation.

I'm hoping to regroup my workers, and organize a militant strike against our UNA bosses in the next couple of months!

Long live the revolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rackham was liquidated as a result of the parent company going under. The French courts were involved, and sold off all the assets of the parent company to help pay it's debt. Rackham was one of those assets.

There was absolutely no reason for Rackham to sink. It was doing well. They had a team working on an animated TV show, and a video game in the works.

UniversalHead wrote:
I was looking through the Cry Havoc magazines, and it really is sad that the company folded - the graphic design and the overall visual style was incredible. They had an amazing team of artists and designers.

I always get sad talking about this...

<sigh>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have a ton of the first 4 armies and the rule set is one of my favorites. I really like this game, the figs, the art, the whole enchilada.

My son has gone off to college, but we are planning a few games over the holidays when he is home so I can get a few more games out of this system over the next few years. After that we will see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought myself another Therian Hekat ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Where did you get it from? My friend is looking to upgrade and expand his Therian army.

UniversalHead wrote:
Just bought myself another Therian Hekat ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do an Ebay search!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping you had found a secret stash in some old gaming store.

That's what I did a few years back, I was able to find four Red Blok Nakovalny Sierp units in a store in Italy, and had them shipped all the way to me in Canada.

It was the best gift I ever got myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are certainly none stashed away in NZ I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all have to stop talking about expanding armies. I found myself looking at mine and thinking, a few more of this and another one of those might be nice just incase. And I currently don't have an opponent until the holidays as previously stated.

It's a shame this system died the way it did. Having the prepainted minis on my table with a little homemade terrain made for a nice looking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Duly
msg tools
fee_weasel wrote:
Y'all have to stop talking about expanding armies. I found myself looking at mine and thinking, a few more of this and another one of those might be nice just incase. And I currently don't have an opponent until the holidays as previously stated.

Yeah but when you realize that you're missing a few minis to complete some squads like I am...those damn RPG soldaty MGauss minis are so hard to find...just need 1 more guy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talking of dead games... I wanted so badly to play AT-43 but got into it so late there was nothing left to buy aside from Karmans and Cogs.

But... some patience... some eBay stalking... and 2 years later, I have me an almost complete Therian Army (just lacking Arachns and some Succubus Golgoths), a decent UNA and Karmans army and a smallish Red Blok army.

So I played my first trial game yesterday to learn the rules. Such fun!

Makes me so sad Rackham went under like that, for whatever reason (parent company bankrupt or something).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
YES!!! It's about time people brought this back. I have about 4k in Red Blok and the same in Karmans while my friend has the same in Therians and Cogs. We skipped the UNA. I was so psyched to find some Sierps on eBay a few years back that I snatched them up.

This game was so great looking. I can't wait to see a batrep or two.

I also thought the figures made for some great conversions into Tannhauser, also a fun dead game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a new batrep filmed; will be editing it in the next few weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jurena
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely looking forward to UH's AT-43 batrep!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
briscoe999 wrote:
Absolutely looking forward to UH's AT-43 batrep!!!

Dig out your own AT-43 stuff, John!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jurena
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CK - I did!! I also just bought a "semi-small" lot on ebay.
Going to really try and make push to get this rolling!!

I just wish there were a few really good videos on how to play....

I think videos of that nature really started to come about right when this game was dying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the process of trying to upload a new battle report at the moment, if *^&#%^ YouTube will let me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next week is Thanksgiving. My son will be home for a few days and hopefully we manage a few games. Then winter break will be right around the corner and more gaming goodness will be had at the homestead.

AT-43 really was/is a good minis game. The rules aren't perfect but they work very well.

Seeing fully painted armies on my own tabletop for the first time ruined all of my other minis games with the armies half painted and the other half primed. The paint jobs were fine right out of the box and they looked fine on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.