Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does range extend through open doors? I understand closed doors will stop range. I'm sorry if this has been asked I couldn't find anything via searching the threads. I will impart geek gold to anyone that can answer my query. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no "closed" or "open" doors, there are just "doors". There might be unexplored areas that happen to lead through a door, but that doesn't mean that door is closed or open. So range does not extend through doors, any doors.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks dude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adjacency extends through doors, though. A monster attacking an adjacent hero can do so through a door and if there is ever a weapon in a future expansion that allows you to attack adjacent spaces, then you could use that through doors too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Comeau
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noted. Thanks Guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray PG
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are no dumb questions either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Cetnar
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
But how do you define, 'in range' Like for example a Cultist and a horror check? Is it only investigators in the same space? Or same tile in LOS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Topgun505 wrote:
But how do you define, 'in range' Like for example a Cultist and a horror check? Is it only investigators in the same space? Or same tile in LOS?

You define it by looking up range in the RRG:

RRG - Range wrote:
The range of effects that use the phrase “within range” is up to three
spaces away.
• Range cannot be counted through walls or doors unless an effect
specifically allows it.
• Range can be counted through impassable borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shappy1010 wrote:

On that note, here is another one:

Is range affected by line of sight? For example, in the Innsmouth scenario, there are long alleys followed by sharp 90 degree corners. It is possible for a monster to be in the alley and the investigator around the corner (with no line of sight). Are they still in range for purposes of horror checks and ranged attacks?

I initially thought that they would not be but now I'm thinking that they actually are...

Clipper wrote:
Adjacency extends through doors, though. A monster attacking an adjacent hero can do so through a door and if there is ever a weapon in a future expansion that allows you to attack adjacent spaces, then you could use that through doors too.

I didn't realize this! Thanks for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Twitch_City wrote:
shappy1010 wrote:

On that note, here is another one:

Is range affected by line of sight? For example, in the Innsmouth scenario, there are long alleys followed by sharp 90 degree corners. It is possible for a monster to be in the alley and the investigator around the corner (with no line of sight). Are they still in range for purposes of horror checks and ranged attacks?

I initially thought that they would not be but now I'm thinking that they actually are...

There is no such thing as Line of Sight in Mom 2nd Ed.

It doesn't matter if there is a corner, range ignores the fact there are corners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Line of sight existed in MoM 1E, but that mechanic didn't survive to 2E. It might not make much sense that you can shoot at or be horrified by a monster around a corner, but you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.