GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,283 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Aegean Strike» Forums » Rules

Subject: Combat Supply Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a couple of questions/observations regarding supply. Ultimately I'm unclear as to whether supply is determined "when needed" or if supply-status carries over. I'm leaning towards the former since there are no "out-of-supply" markers (in other words, if a unit is found out-of-supply during then end-phase, would it be considered the same during the next turn's movement phase, etc?):

a) During the Post Combat segment of Ground-Ground combat would an out-of-supply defending unit have to pay supply points? It is, after all, cut-off from it's supply source.

b) Also, if I've read the rules correctly (in that supply is checked during the end-phase and assault-segment), a supplied unit can declare combat during movement, even if at the moment of declaring combat it might be in situation that would put out-of-supply if it was required to be checked. However combat supply status is only checked during the assault segment, which happens after movement and combat declaration. Therefore an attacking unit could declare combat even if it would subsequently find itself out-of-supply when resolving the combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.