$35.00
Shawn barnes
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was very skeptical when this game launched and I'll be the first to say I was pretty critcle. However, after seeing how fast and amazingly this game has been produced today I pledged via the late pledge option. I thought I'd take a look at the different characters and their abilities and while doing so I've noticed some pretty big issues. Some balancing and some just causing blatant confusion. I've listed a few below but those are just the ones off the top of my head.u was just curious if these have been a addressed as they've already begun printing

1) Jack's rage ability allows him to spend one mana, dealing three dmg to himself in order to gain an extra action
If this dmg was to kill jack instead he remains at one health
So as long as you have mana jack can continue to attack again and again, simply leaving him at one health.

2) the term "killed" and "slain" are both used but neither is defined sepreately (someone tell me if I'm missing that)

3) Fallen Queen's joint cause ability allows her to grant an ally and extra dice the next time they activate. But "instead of moving" what isn't clear is who isn't allowed to move. The queen or the ally it's being used on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
-Regarding Jack's ability.
On page 17 in the rulebook: "Skill Activation – Using one of the Hero's innate skills. Each skill can only be performed once per turn."

So I think it's hardly that owerpowered because you can't really abuse it like you mentioned since it caps at 1 use per turn (and trying to use it for many rounds in a row like that is a very dangerous tactic since it leaves you at 1 health which you probably won't be for many rounds if the enemy player has any wits).

-I can't comment on the killed/slain issue but it's reasonable that they should stick to one word if it means the same thing.

-Fallen Queen's Joint abilty: "Instead of moving, the Fallen Queen may grant an allied Hero +1 on their next attack roll."
No disrespect meant but I think it's pretty clear when reading this that the fallen Queen sacrifices >her< movement to grant an allied hero +1 on next attack roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn barnes
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what you are right (about #1 and #3 at least). I clearly missed #1 as I read through the rule book, my fault. The Fallen Queen's ability still doesn't read well to me, but at least I have an answer to it. THANKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
the killed/slain thing isnt much of an issue to me. and for the fallen queen thing I think its fairly clear. "Instead of moving, the fallen queen may" is pretty clear. any other balance concerns youve found?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett MacDonald
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shauni55 wrote:
So I was very skeptical when this game launched and I'll be the first to say I was pretty critcle. However, after seeing how fast and amazingly this game has been produced today I pledged via the late pledge option.

Agreed. I just checked up on it (as it was mentioned in my Demigods Rising pledge comments) and I am pleasantly surprised by their progress. The foam inserts are a great touch and I don't think anyone doubted the unicast mini quality. I still stand by my original statements and decision not to back it... as they had a lot of missteps early (some of which I am not okay with)... but I am glad to see it working out for everyone who did pledge and will be watching Archon for their next project potentially if things continue in this direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.