Mike Renshaw
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll try to word this so that it's spoiler free, but someone with the Bespin rulebook will know what I'm talking about. I don't think you even need the rulebook to have an opinion on it.

At one point in the mission, the following rule comes into effect: "During his activation, a Rebel figure adjacent to [something] may test [attribute]. [...] Limit once per activation."

Does this require an action, or is this something that the Rebel figure can test for free once per activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it mentions performing an Interact, it does not require an action. I'm fairly certain the test you referred to is such a test that does not require an action, given your wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Renshaw
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. I was leaning the same way and for the same reason as you: the notably missing word "interact".

I think once we actually play the mission and I can get a feel for the pacing, the intent will be evident but I was trying to stay ahead of any rules questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Unless it mentions performing an Interact, it does not require an action. I'm fairly certain the test you referred to is such a test that does not require an action, given your wording.

Follow up question. If it does not take an action, can you perform the test while occupying the same space as another figure (aka passing through)? Is the test considered an interrupt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Only performing an action requires for a figure to end movement.

So performing the test can be done while sharing a space with another figure. (But needs to have enough movement points left to end movement in a valid space whether the test succeeds or not, and in principle whether the test is performed at all.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.