Subject: Corrupt the Next Generation and Sidekicks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Tabrisky
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
I don't understand how a sidekick would end up in a discard pile. After defeating the sidekick in the city, you put it on top of your hero deck. You draw that sidekick, play it for its card draw, and it ends up back on the sidekick stack. Am I missing something here with this scheme?
Thanks,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When you recruit a sidekick normally from the sidekick stack.

2) When you decide not to play a Sidekick in your hand (because it won't help you right now) and discard it at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Tabrisky
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Thank you, Jason, for the response. I guess what I'm asking is, "Why would you do either of the 2 that you're suggesting when playing this scheme?"
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btabrisky wrote:
Thank you, Jason, for the response. I guess what I'm asking is, "Why would you do either of the 2 that you're suggesting when playing this scheme?"
Bill

Are sidekicks in the city so prevalent that you'll never want to recruit them?

Or are you saying that, for this scheme, it's best not to recruit them at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrupt the Next Generation of Heroes

Setup: 8 Twists. Add 10 Sidekicks to the Villain Deck.
Special Rules: Sidekicks in the Villain Deck and city are Villains. Their Attack is 2 plus the number of Twists stacked next to this Scheme. When you defeat a Sidekick, gain it to the top of your deck.
Twists 1-7: Each player returns a Sidekick from their discard pile to the Sidekick Stack. Then, two Sidekicks from the Sidekick Stack enter the city.
Twist 8: All Sidekicks in the city escape.
Evil Wins: When 4 Sidekicks escape.

I think William is saying that having Sidekicks in your discard pile is bad with this Scheme. When a Twist comes out, not only do you have to move one of them from your discard pile back to the Sidekick deck, two more Sidekicks enter the City as Villains.

But I don't really understand your question, William. You're correct that Sidekicks don't usually end up in players' discard piles when playing this Scheme. But that's because of the consequence of the Scheme of having them there. If the phrase, "Each player returns a Sidekick from their discard pile..." weren't on the Scheme, then people would have more Sidekicks in their discard piles.

It's sort of like if Joe tells Mike that he's going to punch him in the face he if comes over to his house, and then you don't understand why Mike would even go to Joe's house if he's just going to end up getting punched in the face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, you can also recruit Sidekicks and gain them from other Heroes' abilities. When gained in that manner, they go into your Discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.