Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. Here is a FAQ I put together based on questions here and at GenCon. We will probably have a prettier one coming out soon, but for now I hope this helps. Please feel free to post questions here.

Salvation Road FAQ

When Wounds are flipped, are they discarded after they are resolved?
No. You keep these Wounds and they become harder to heal. The only Wounds that are discarded when flipped are the "Flesh Wound".

When does a character die? Do you lose the game?
A character dies when all of their Health Circles are filled. You only lose the game when someone loses both of their characters.

What is the supply?
The supply refers to the resources on a location. You could think of this as the location supply if it helps. This does not include any items carried by characters at the location. When you drop items from you character they are usually put back on the location supply, not the pool.

What is the pool?
The pool are items on the side of the board. These items have not been added to a location supply yet.

Can I drop an item to the location supply?
You may use your free transfer to drop as many items as you want to the location supply or the truck. This was unintentionally omitted from the printed rules. It is typically not a good idea to drop too many items, as you will have to spend actions to pick them up again, but it is an option.
You will also drop items to the supply if you take wounds or gather, and have no free Health Circles available to hold the items.

Can I pass?
Yes, although it is typically not recommended. There is usually something you can do with your action even if it is moving out to a location to prepare to search or gather again on the next round. You will not win the game sitting in the compound or wasting actions moving back and forth with 1/2 full characters.

How does Historic Maldito work?
This works just like a normal search action. Meaning you increase the threat as usual and draw a search card. The only difference is you add a 2 of each item listed instead of just 2 of one and 1 of the other . Ex. If you draw a search card that is 2 food and 1 gas, you add 2 food and 2 gas to the location supply.

How does The Scrapyard work?
This works just like a normal search action. Meaning you increase the threat as usual. The difference is you get to draw 2 search cards and select the one you want to use. The other is discarded.

How does Maldito Motors work with Susan Davis?
Maldito Motors makes your move action free. So even though she would normally have to spend 2 actions, this location makes it free.

If I have 3 Threat at my location, 3 characters there and one of them is Jose, how many Threat Dice do I roll?
6. Even though you would typically have to roll 7 (3 for characters, 3 for threat, 1 for Jose) the maximum amount of Threat Dice you can ever roll is 6.

What happens when I draw a 2nd Apocalypse Card of the same type back to back?
You may choose to skip it and draw a new Apocalypse card. This is a choice that may save you some consequences, but will take a turn away from you.

Do I automatically lose if I draw a War Card when I have a Buggy on the board?
No. You may take your 2nd Wound per character to prevent the buggies from being placed. If the 1st Wound would kill your character you may not choose to take a 2nd wound with this character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, just played through my first game learning the rules. A question and a query:

1)"Yuma Dakota - Immediately reveal wounds Yuma takes during the threat phase, but do NOT resolve their wound effects."

Did i play the following correctly: If Yuma picks up a flesh wound in the threat phase then it is not discarded (since based on his hindering ability you do NOT resolve it). To remove it you need to discard a med token (as with any other faceup wound token)?

2)Character Activation Markers - is there any reason why the portraits are grayed out on one side and in color on the other? Just wondered if there was a particular reason? (or is it simply to aid counting off actions?)

Really fun, thematic, fast moving game. Would be great to see it get the attention it deserves! Any mini-expansions/ additional content planned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Lunadips,

Glad you enjoyed the game. To answer your questions:

1) This is correct. Some of the pestilence cards will trigger effects for already flipped wounds too, so that would be another way to get rid of it. Poor Yuma just doesn't take well to being shot.

2) They are just to mark when someone has acted. You may use them however you want. The greyed out side is just to show that the character has already taken their action. Some people have used them to show where their characters died, and one scenatio requires them, but mostly just to show who has acted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Another question that just came up:

1)Pestilence card - Infection
"Each character reveals one wound, and then resolves ALL revealed wounds"

Does this mean that even revealed wounds that were resolved previously are resolved again? For example if my character on a previous turn had a facedown Wound AND a Critical Wound for which that had taken a new facedown Wound token, upon revealing this Apocolypse card i would not only reveal and resolve the facedown Wound BUT would have to give them a second facedown Wound token for the old critical wound? Man if that is the case this is a really brutal card.

2)"Samedi Storage: If you end your...from the supply" - to use this location ability I wound need to increase the threat marker, correct? As is the case for any location ability even if they are not an action, right?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gousis
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, you are reading this correctly. Any face up wound would be resolved again. But remember, for 1 Med you may ignore all effects of the card for up to three characters at a location. So while it is hard to deal with if it triggers, it is pretty easy to avoid.

2) No, you do not increase the threat. You are gathering the resource from the location supply (the other resources on the side of the board are called the pool). So basically it is just a free Gather Action that can only be taken if you end your turn here. Just like all location abilities, it may only be used once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thanks for the clarification on 2). I mis-interptetd a previous rules clarification that you guys posted, as I viewed Samedi storage as letting me choose a resource from the supply:

GameMasterX0 wrote:
....Location's with special abilities that add more resources, or let you choose resources, will still force you to advance the threat.....

So when using a Location Ability, the Threat level is increased only if the Location Ability involves searching.
Thus the only location abilities in the base game that will increase the threat level are The Scrapyard and Historic Maldito (but NOT Breached Reactor). Have i finally got that straight?

Sorry to spell all that out but i wanted to make sure i had this right as i have actually been making the game harder for myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on your clarification. The Scrapyard and Historic Maldito improve the basic Search action, one by giving you more resources and the other giving you 2 cards to choose from.

The Breached Reactor lets you get an extra "free" resource when you Gather resources that are already on the location (from a previous search). Samedi Storage similarly lets you gain a resource at the end of your turn that is on the location, like a free gather.

Hope that's all clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.