Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This trade will be different than other math trades you've participated in. We've been running tests with it for a couple months now, it's an evolving idea and your participation and feedback are critical in improving it further. You can view the listings without having to participate if you're only curious.

If you don't know what a math trade is, please check out the math trade wiki on BGG .

If this is your first time using abecorn you can use the quick start to participate or view the whole wiki at https://abecorn.wikispaces.com

Basics:
-Users want, post items, and fill out their trade matrix just like before
-Every [3] days the trade results for all listings will automatically run.
-All of the trade loops will be split up into individual trade approval spaces. You will be notified via geekmail and email if you have pending trades.
-Users will have a 3 days to approve or reject their trade(s).
-If everyone approves a geekmessage will be sent out. Those traded items will be removed from the trade listings. Results from those trades will automatically be posted at https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/2679
-If anyone rejects, the trade will end and all items will be put back for trade. Not approving or rejecting a trade is considered rejecting the trade.
-For trades that are approved, the items that are given and received are removed from your matrix.
-After a trade cycle (3 days currently) is complete all of your untraded items and rejected trade items are still in queue to be traded. Your trade matrix is still filled out for those entries.

Further details to the process can be read at Perpetual Trade

We've got a feedback roadmap participants have been helping add to. Please feel free to suggest more.

Trademax 1.4 is being run with seed 12345, iterations 100

Please ask questions, make complaints, or otherwise in this discussion space or feel free to email me at info@abecorn.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: US-50 [Run 2] Perpetual Ship Math Trade Beta
Cash/Gift Cards/Geek Gold ARE acceptable.

NOTE: A Math Trader who accepts a cash value trade (either in the form of GC or actual cash) is conducting a direct sale through BGG and is subject to the associated commission fee (3%) required by the BGG Terms of Service. Click here for information on how to pay the fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATES
-Fixed Geekmail messages not being sent out for pre-approvals
-Fixed some view mode issues
-Updated timing for lambda issues
-Approved/rejected trades will have the appropriate entries removed from their matrix.
-Users who don't approve/reject a trade before the timer runs out will have their accounts put into stasis (they won't appear in trades) until they login again.

-Added the ability to put cash offers directly on wanted entries (optional). This feature is still just visual as the connections and testing are still being done. With this feature you can make dummy cash entries directly on a trade entry instead of posting cash as it's own entry. We also hoping to add the ability to let you completely auto check your matrix based on the cash values you assign for your owned entries and for wanted entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the movement of the interaction icons to the left side of the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Z

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mb
Is it just me, because I can't seem to find this listed on the abecorn website in the hosted trades. Would love to participate in this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Davis, it's not a hosted trade. When you get to the Abecorn site and login, you will see a list of games. That's the perpetual trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spiegel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Davis, it's not a hosted trade. When you get to the Abecorn site and login, you will see a list of games. That's the perpetual trade.

With so much confusion about whether this is or isn't a hosted trade shouldn't it just be moved to the hosted trades tab and list Bien as the host? Otherwise this question will continually be asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree with that. Unless you create a separate tab and call it Perpetual Trade. Some sort of identifier would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Any trade stats being retained between runs? E.g. "30% of items ultimately traded, X number of users had a trade out of Y, and Z items were listed as available regardless of whether they traded or not."

If those stats are known to those who list items, my appologies as I haven't yet; I'm waiting to see how two recent MTs I've been in finish up before attempting this. Either way though, from an analysis standpoint I'm interested in the ebb/flow of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
I would agree with that. Unless you create a separate tab and call it Perpetual Trade. Some sort of identifier would be helpful.

ecspiegel wrote:
stormseeker75 wrote:

With so much confusion about whether this is or isn't a hosted trade shouldn't it just be moved to the hosted trades tab and list Bien as the host? Otherwise this question will continually be asked.

Added a link under 'hosted trades' called Perpetual trade, that redirects to the perpetual page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
143245 wrote:
Any trade stats being retained between runs? E.g. "30% of items ultimately traded, X number of users had a trade out of Y, and Z items were listed as available regardless of whether they traded or not."

If those stats are known to those who list items, my appologies as I haven't yet; I'm waiting to see how two recent MTs I've been in finish up before attempting this. Either way though, from an analysis standpoint I'm interested in the ebb/flow of it.

What stats from the olwlg do you like? What other stats would you like to see?

We've been making lots of back end data handling changes, so not everything, yet, is coherent enough to keep stats on.

At this point we track, what items are being traded historically, who wanted them, who wants untraded items, and what they were offering for them.

Everyone will (now) be able to see perpetual generated trades, even if they aren't a participant, they just wont be able to interact and won't receive a geekmail/email telling them to go acknowledge them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
143245 wrote:

If those stats are known to those who list items, my apologies as I haven't yet; I'm waiting to see how two recent MTs I've been in finish up before attempting this. Either way though, from an analysis standpoint I'm interested in the ebb/flow of it.

What stats from the olwlg do you like? What other stats would you like to see?

We've been making lots of back end data handling changes, so not everything, yet, is coherent enough to keep stats on.

At this point we track, what items are being traded historically, who wanted them, who wants untraded items, and what they were offering for them.

Everyone will (now) be able to see perpetual generated trades, even if they aren't a participant, they just wont be able to interact and won't receive a geekmail/email telling them to go acknowledge them.

Right off the top of my head some of the stuff that spits out of TradeMax in that results text file would be nice to view such as

Quote:
Num trades 543 of 3098 items (17.5%)

I gather you already have the loops, but I don't see a place where you can pick up the item movement percentage and maybe that's because the approve/deny of the recurring trade messes with that.

Outside of that, massaging the wants into aggregate data (18 people wanted Pandemic, 12 wanted Chicago Express, etc), and allow sorting by what people were offering for your stuff (in an attempt to determine valuation). Last, the raw wants so you can start tracing want chains together. I look at all three in the OLWLG MTs I participate in. Nothing that is rocket science in this instance other than keeping track of it all for longitudinal analysis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to be having trouble getting my wants matrix setup... It seems like this isn't what I should be seeing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, you should see your games that you are offering along the top. I have no idea why you're not seeing any of that, assuming you did list your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legendary wrote:
I seem to be having trouble getting my wants matrix setup... It seems like this isn't what I should be seeing?

You haven't listed any items to trade yet. Once you list something the row at the top will appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, figured it out. I needed to filter by "Haves" to see anything showing up on the add items page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just under an hour before the trades are generated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hallahan
United States
Ft. Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Santa smells like cookies...you smell like beef and regret.
mbmbmbmbmb
How will we know when it is finished? I see the countdown clock is done, but it still looks the same to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emanhall wrote:
How will we know when it is finished? I see the countdown clock is done, but it still looks the same to me.

You'll get an automated trade notification if you're in a trade. They just got sent out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spamman5r
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: US-50 [Run 2 Results In] Perpetual Ship Math Trade Beta [Run 3 Started]
Are we going to see public wants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
83 trades spread over 5 loops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weimholt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The system is going down for reboot NOW!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that didn't take long. One of the two loops I had possible trades in already got rejected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stephenson
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mweimholt wrote:
Well, that didn't take long. One of the two loops I had possible trades in already got rejected.

It's rerunning immediately, now that it automatically removes the rejector's item from the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weimholt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The system is going down for reboot NOW!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
mweimholt wrote:

It's rerunning immediately, now that it automatically removes the rejector's item from the trade.

That's definitely an improvement. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Moore
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bien wrote:
mweimholt wrote:

I think that's the way to go with this system, so I'm looking forward to see how that works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.