Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble keeping everything in the box if i leave the box with the trays...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Right into recycling. Bagged and labeled the units based on their Sin or Hero team along with their card. Everything fits nicely including the Apocalypse expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't understand this at all. Don't need all the expansions in one box for a game night, typically. If so, use a game bag. Base game fits fine with non-minis bagged, if you throw out the little tray for the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Everything (all add ons too) in the original box and apocalypse box, binned the other boxes, need the space on my shelf for more games haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I always do this with all CMON games. Bin everything save the main game box and bag'n'tag the pieces

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw them in my box closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I throw them normally away. But from Zombicide:BP I still have the clear covers, so I can make windows out of them for 3D buildings in the future.

Still waiting in Germany for TO:7S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im just hestitant because i do want to save the tray when i paint the pieces. But it doesn't seem like it'll fit. i'll have to take tokens/cards out to fit everything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ditched most of the boxes as I opened them, I wound up with a full bag of recyling! I managed to fit everything into the core box, the gamma box, and the apoc box comfortably. As I paint the minis I will transfer them to foam cases so I'll probably just wind up with a few cases for minis and the core box eventually. It was a shame as the packaging was so nice (for the most part), but I have no room for all those boxes! I made sure that I reduced it right away so as to not second guess myself and keep the boxes after all, I know myself too well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
With the art on these boxes, this is the first game where I am dreading getting rid of any of them. However, there's no need for 10 boxes just to house one game. I'll be tossing everything except for the main box, apocalypse box, and one or two team boxes, depending on how much space I'll need. Eventually I'll have everything painted, but I don't mind if things are touching, so I'll probably build up small compartments for each type of enemy, and figure something out for the heroes so that they aren't moving around too much.

Getting rid of boxes and packaging is very liberating. I've gotten rid of the boxes for over half of my collection, and moved them into smaller card boxes, while putting the boards and rules into large zip lock bags. It's a system similar to the bit box kickstarter, and I've got about 30+ games in the same amount of space it takes to hold just Zombicide Black Plague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I gutted the main box and was able to fit the entire Kickstarter Pledge into the base game without the minis. Luckily I have shelves to display the Mini's which I paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost always throw out game inserts unless they are really, really useful. For The Others, I fit all the boards, cards, hero and sin boards in the core box, then I am using a second box for the hero figures and third box for the sins. I'll probably come up with a better miniature storage solution later (as I paint them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
I am having trouble keeping everything in the box if i leave the box with the trays...

Not yet, but I soon will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
Im just hestitant because i do want to save the tray when i paint the pieces.

I keep the trays because I paint. The alternative is spending $ on storage solutions. If there's a Michael's store near you, check out their storage solutions (try the cheap soft plastic trays in the jewelry department). Michael's regularly has "40% off one item" coupons, and often has various sales. Subscribe to their email list for the rare "30% off your entire order" coupon.

As you probably know, once you get to foam storage, you're paying money. Game+Plus has a pluck foam holder that I think is less than Battlefoam, but will still take up room: https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16405.phtml

Another thought is to gonzo on the foam core (also available at Michael's), and cut up the trays suchthat you keep 'em for miniature storage and not for cards, dice, etc.. Frankenstein the foam core and cut-up trays to minimize storage space but still protect the miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.