Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Domagala
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Guys,

Any games that are similar to this one out there? I don`t mean a deck builder games something that has cards and powers, resources to use them and nice theme.
Appreciate any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gaudreau
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizards of the Wild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Millennium Blades is like Seasons on steroids. More combos, more planning ahead, more interaction. The theme is a bit meta, but I felt like I was playing Seasons during my first game of this.

Wizards of the Wild is closer to Seasons in theme with nice artwork and has similar card combos.

Lagoon: Land of Druids has a similar theme and gorgeous artwork (better than Seasons for me) but the gameplay is more puzzly and abstract-ish, so try before you buy.

I still love Seasons though and don't feel any of these games replace it.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaziam wrote:
Millennium Blades is like Seasons on steroids. More combos, more planning ahead, more interaction. The theme is a bit meta, but I felt like I was playing Seasons during my first game of this.

Wizards of the Wild is closer to Seasons in theme with nice artwork and has similar card combos.

Lagoon: Land of Druids has a similar theme and gorgeous artwork (better than Seasons for me) but the gameplay is more puzzly and abstract-ish, so try before you buy.

I still love Seasons though and don't feel any of these games replace it.

Hope that helps!

Just to play devils advocate, I think that any of them is notably better than Seasons.

Millennium Blades is neat, but it's repetitive and somewhat chaotic while Seasons is a finely tuned ticking machine.

Lagoon is decent, but for me it's just that: decent. I expected it to be great and was really disapppointed. It's very abstract and while I love thematic abstract games like Neuroshima Hex and Quantum, Lagoon just didn't do it for me.

Wizards of the Wild I've only tried once. It's shorter and streamlined and I can recommend this somewhat, as the theme was really nice, but it's not as good as Seasons and Seasons - especially with expansions - has a lot more variety through and through.

To the original poster: I don't say not to try the games that have been recommended, but do it if you're looking for games that are similar. If you are looking for something better than Seasons, then they are not it in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Elysium scratches the same itch for me, although there are no dice and the draft is all the game, not just opening. However, its a very interesting draft mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Elysium, but it seems not to get much love in my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Wunderlin
United States
Sylvania
oh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Seasons because, for me, it scratches many of the same itches as the draft format of Magic the Gathering - you draft a set of cards, then play with those that you drafted. There is a greater expense to Mtg, and the play is different, but that is the closest I have played to Seasons.

Best of luck finding something, and please let us know if you do.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me Seasons is one of the best game ever... it's really hard to find a similar game.

By the way, Glory to Rome has got cards, buildings, powers and lots of combo. Great great game but it's hard to find (in US at least).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's theme is very different but My Village has dice drafting. You use dice to trigger the central cards (all different types) and put them in your tableau or to trigger multiple cards in your tableau.

Discoveries doesn't have dice drafting but you use dice to trigger actions, which get more powerful as you build your engine. It also has the ability to steal other players dice (at least until they use an action to take them back)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
walloftruth
United States
Adrian
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may enjoy Elysium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I always put Seasons and Abyss next to each other on my shelf. Not terribly similar games, but they do share that common thing. You might want to try that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
For some reason, I always put Seasons and Abyss next to each other on my shelf. Not terribly similar games, but they do share that common thing. You might want to try that.

I've always considered Abyss to be a sub-par Seasons, so it actually does make sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.