Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Construct a building card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thiago Cordeiro
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Can I use the architeture technology when I construct a building with the card that allows me to build?
My very first answer is no, but re-reading the manual, this card says "You may construct a building (as though you were performing Tikal action 2)" and Tikal action 2 is one of examples that Architecture Technology gives on pg 12...
Another thing that call my attention is that, unlike other technologies that says something like "this does not apply to other ways unless the gears", Architecture says nothing.
I still think that I can't use, but I would like some impressions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Kaleen
ACT
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of technology is the background colour tells you where the action must originate to use it. Therefore, I'd say that you cannot use it from a building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say rather that the background color is merely a reminder of where the action usually comes from; and that the building action you get is a totally separate building action, one to which building technology does indeed apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
You absolutely can use Architecture on that build. As you pointed out, it's just as if you were taking the Tikal 2 action, and the Architecture techs apply fully to that action space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helena Hovancova
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules, page 16:

Quote:
Starting Wealth Tiles and Building Effects

[building icon] You may construct a building (as though you were performing Tikal action 2).

Hence - you can use technology as you would use it when performing 2nd action on Tikal gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.