1 Posts

Ascension: Apprentice Edition» Forums » General

Subject: A word about the artwork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Espinosa
Chile
flag msg tools
I'm a fun of little deck builders such as Star Realms and Valley of the kings. I just acquired the Ascension: apprentice edition, since I have played the app I wanted a small pack 2 player version of the game.

And I got what I wanted but about the new artwork it seem strange for me some of the decisions they made, because I the problem with the old artwork was mostly the painting, the drawing style was kind of charming and different form most of others fantasy card games, so I think it was ok in most of the cards and stood form other similar games.

So when i bought the apprentice edition I though i will find repainted versions of the old illustrations with some minor differences in the drawing itself. But it was not the case for most of the cards.

Some of the drawings that I missed from the original was wolf shaman weird illustration of a guy melting with a wolf (one of my favorite illustrations from the original artwork), the fanatic (the original seems a little more crazy, i just like that drawing a lot more than the new one), the Earth Tyrant, Cetra, Weaver of Stars and the Lifebound Initiate, even if the last case I don't like that much I think it seems more an initiate since the girl is being born or reborn from a flower, which I think is more evocative than the new one which is just a girl making some kind of spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.