Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard about this game recently, and am interested in checking it out in more detail. Why are there only 92 copies owned by BGG users? As opposed to hundreds. Is this hard to find? Or not a good game? (I suspect the former). Is it just released? Or has it been out for a while (To be clear, I am referring to the "new" game, not Band of Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUM
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. The game is mint, so more should have it! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they have a limited print run the first time and it is sold out quickly without a lot of people getting a copy. To the men with older version, I still think the new package, without new stuffs like scenarios or solitaire variants/ generator, is not attractive much enough to add to the collection. JMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
.. is not attractive much enough to add to the collection. JMHO.

That's one I hadn't thought of, but makes sense. I wonder how large/small the print run was? I still should expect a couple hundred copies.

I'm a huge fan of Combat Commander. I have also tried ASL, but found that too daunting. I'm considering this game for a non-card driven game that could compliment CC in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

We combine both Band of Heroes and Swift and the Bold together and updated and created the new game Heroes of Normandy. We also made two expansion packs in the X-Maps and Battle Generator. We also added some new player aid cards to help in learning the game. We had a large print run and sold out very fast and we have the next print run at the printers currently.

The entire game series is at the printers being printed and before the end of the year, will be available.

We also have two free downloadable demos and a free print edition that you only pay for the shipping and handling.

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/lock-n-...

https://store.lnlpublishing.com/index.php?route=product/prod...

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We also made two expansion packs in the X-Maps and Battle Generator.

Can they be used with the old version Band of Heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Quote:
We also made two expansion packs in the X-Maps and Battle Generator.

Can they be used with the old version Band of Heroes?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
Lawrence Hung wrote:

That's one I hadn't thought of, but makes sense. I wonder how large/small the print run was? I still should expect a couple hundred copies.

I'm a huge fan of Combat Commander. I have also tried ASL, but found that too daunting. I'm considering this game for a non-card driven game that could compliment CC in my collection.

Shane, I've been playing this system since 2005 and have all the original modules except one. It can be a little odd to learn at first but once you have the rules down the game plays fast and tense. Pretty near every scenario comes down to the last die roll to determine the winner.

Download the free PnP stuff David mentioned above and try the system for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
not everyone logs all their games here and not everyone even knows BGG exists.
I know lots of guys who when I screen them for admission to the Facebook Wargamer Pay it Forward have NO BGG profile!
in todays age no less!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
SD40 wrote:
Lawrence Hung wrote:

I dunno.
New larger maps. - X Maps
consistent art and color across all the counters.
updated clear rules
charts
more charts
regular sized maps as well.

The games initial print run was in the 100's and they have been making more as fast as they can!

Now..if the boxes were an inch deeper....ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kev Sharp asks: Now..if the boxes were an inch deeper....ninja

I have on good authority that the new boxes will be 3-inches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barthheart wrote:
Pretty near every scenario comes down to the last die roll to determine the winner.

Thanks Vance. As much as you like the game, I do find some of scenarios balance in question. It might be just me but one side can be found with more units and the victory conditions might err to one side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me some examples. It's never too late to retest and make adjustments if there's evidence that a scenario is considerably flawed.

-Jeff

Lawrence Hung wrote:
Barthheart wrote:
Pretty near every scenario comes down to the last die roll to determine the winner.

Thanks Vance. As much as you like the game, I do find some of scenarios balance in question. It might be just me but one side can be found with more units and the victory conditions might err to one side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Fenster400 wrote:
Give me some examples. It's never too late to retest and make adjustments if there's evidence that a scenario is considerably flawed.

-Jeff

Lawrence Hung wrote:
Barthheart wrote:

Never seen that. Some inHonneur and Patrie were God awful in playtest. Pete and I hacked the shit out of those. But I've not seen much out of whack, unless you play skilled versus unskilled then you can totally break up the balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think "Sniper's Den" in Heroes of Normandy is not balanced at all. Several play throughs via PBEM and solitaire, and I've yet to see the Brits have a chance. This is a rarity though, as I find most well balanced. As an aside, I thought LnLP did their own printing???
In all the months Heroes of Normandy has been out, there are only 24 ratings on BGG. Old School Tactical had that many in about two weeks!! This game should be more popular as it's a great system. Not sure why there are not more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flashpoint...Thunder! I played it a long time ago and I remember that it is very one-sided. It's highly random wit the events though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.