Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Silberman
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's lat and maybe I am being dense but I don't understand how the card works.

Does it actually allow me to copy any production increase from a previously played card for 9 ME?

Thank you.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a known fact that robots work twice as fast as human beings. So, yes, by playing this card you get rid of the slow and lazy crew and your robots will double the production.

Note, robotic workforce doubles everything within a brown box on the target card. In some cases they might double a decrease of production as well!
Also, this card can only target a building card (a project card with a building tag in the top right corner).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually one of the more complex cards in the game. As Carsten states, you copy only the brown box on another card.
My favorite example:
I play Strip Mine (which has a building tag), decreasing my energy production 2 steps, but increasing my steel production 2 steps and my titanium production 1 step. The card also raises the oxygen 2 steps, giving me 2 Terraform Rating.

After that, I play Robotic Workforce. Once again, I decrease energy production 2 steps and increase steel production 2 steps and titanium production 1 step. But this time I do not raise oxygen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a follow up question, how does this card interact with building cards that allow placement of special tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not. Only copies production (brown) boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoveNson wrote:

There is at least one card with a building tag (Shopping District?) whose brown box contains the symbol for a special tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
LoveNson wrote:

There is at least one card with a building tag (Shopping District?) whose brown box contains the symbol for a special tile.

You're thinking about Mining Rights and Mining Area. The production of those cards depend on the special tile that they also place (giving you production of the cooresponding steel or titanium placement bonus you get for the tile).
If you use Robotic Workforce on for example Mining Rights, you get the same production that you originally got when playing Mining Rights, and thus depending on where that tile was placed.

So if Mining Rights placed its tile on a titanium resource bonus, you got both the titanium bonus resource and 1 step of titanium production. When playing Robotic Workforce, you get another step of titanium production.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
MDJD wrote:
LoveNson wrote:

You're thinking about Mining Rights and Mining Area. The production of those cards depend on the special tile that they also place (giving you production of the cooresponding steel or titanium placement bonus you get for the tile).
If you use Robotic Workforce on for example Mining Rights, you get the same production that you originally got when playing Mining Rights, and thus depending on where that tile was placed.

So if Mining Rights placed its tile on a titanium resource bonus, you got both the titanium bonus resource and 1 step of titanium production. When playing Robotic Workforce, you get another step of titanium production.

Cheers!

Oh, excellent. That would not have occurred to me! Thanks for the response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Silberman
United States
Portola Valley
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. This is how we played it but I wanted to double check.

Cheers,

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can it copy the brown production box of an event card you already played?

(Normally I thought those were face down and their tags didn't count after that)

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no building events, so that isn't relevant. However, the tags on face-down cards don't count, so even if there were building events, it could not copy those production boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe sedita
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Can it copy the brown box of say, underground detonations? Just giving me the two heat production without having to "tap"? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ghettoimp wrote:
Can it copy the brown box of say, underground detonations? Just giving me the two heat production without having to "tap"? Thanks.

Good question! No.
It can not copy production boxes that are part of an effect or action in the upper panel of a blue card; only a production box on the lower panel (on a green or blue card).
FAQ updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Laubender
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:
Its a known fact that robots work twice as fast as human beings. So, yes, by playing this card you get rid of the slow and lazy crew and your robots will double the production.

Note, robotic workforce doubles everything within a brown box on the target card. In some cases they might double a decrease of production as well!
Also, this card can only target a building card (a project card with a building tag in the top right corner).
Actually it does not double (=multiply by 2) the value(s) in the brown box, but duplicate (=copy) it.

I found the German translation of the card slightly misleading: "Verdoppele das gesamte braune Produktionsfeld einer deiner ausgespielten Gebäudekarten." Because of the word "Verdopple" I thought, I would get twice the value out of the building card. IMO a better translation would have been: "Führe das gesamte braune Produktionsfeld einer deiner ausgespielten Gebäudekarten erneut aus"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I choose for Robotic Workforce a card for which I cannot afford to pay with my production?

Like in one of the examples above: "Strip Mine (which has a building tag), decreasing my energy production 2 steps, but increasing my steel production 2 steps and my titanium production 1 step". Can I choose the Strip Mine card while having energy production at 1?

I wouldn't be able to play Strip Mine in such case, but can I copy it? I would assume I cannot (seems logical), but I'm asking just to make it 100% clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
adambadura wrote:
Can I choose a card for Robotic Workforce for which I cannot afford to pay with my production?

Like in one of the examples above: "Strip Mine (which has a building tag), decreasing my energy production 2 steps, but increasing my steel production 2 steps and my titanium production 1 step". Can I the Strip Mine card while having energy production at 1?

I wouldn't be able to play Strip Mine in such case, but can I copy it? I would assume I cannot (seems logical), but I'm asking just to make it 100% clear.

No.
Card effects have the same requirements and exceptions that playing cards have, so you must be able to perform the whole effect with only 3 exceptions: you can ignore raising a global parameter that is already maxed out, you can ignore taking resources that you can't collect, and you can ignore destruction of resources caused by a red-bordered resource icon). So production must always be performed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.