Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have limited space to play these days. One deciding factor for me to buy a monster game is the number of one-map scenarios available in the context of such a grand strategic huge game. Did the designer hear my/ our call?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious about this myself. Is each map the standard 22x34?

I saw on the page that they were measured in hexes as opposed to inches and started to wonder if maybe it wouldn't be as huge as it initially appears.

That counter count though wowwowwow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
I have limited space to play these days. One deciding factor for me to buy a monster game is the number of one-map scenarios available in the context of such a grand strategic huge game. Did the designer hear my/ our call?

There are currently six one-map scenarios (seven if you include the Pearl Harbor "mini game"). The 1937-1939 China scenario will be published separately.

Currently the game includes:

Europe 1939
Europe 1941
Europe 1942
Europe 1944
Pacific 1941
Pacific 1944

Note that there are no two-map scenarios. The Europe and Pacific scenarios can be combined into three-map "World Conflict" scenarios (1941/42, 1944) and there is a setup for the 1939 "World Conflict" game as well.

The maps that Compass sent me for final proofreading appeared to be an inch larger than the standard sheets. That was a special one-time printing so I imagine the game itself when published will have ordinary 22x34 maps.

At any rate I trust someone will eventually put this up on Vassal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RawDealDemo wrote:
That counter count though wowwowwow

A lot of the counters are on off-map displays (all air units for instance are off-map). The counter density on the map itself is surprisingly low and there are lots of army group/task force markers to keep the tall stacks off the table.

Maps are going to be the standard 22x34. The Antarctica Map is smaller! (It doesn't do much as a map, but there are important charts and tables on it so you will be constantly reminded of its presence. At any rate it's only used in the global campaign games, not in the one-map scenarios.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought. If you are going to have a scenario that starts in 1937 for China, why not for the world? And even perhaps back it up some from there. It seems you already have some fantasy variants with the CSA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Johnson wrote:
Just a thought. If you are going to have a scenario that starts in 1937 for China, why not for the world? And even perhaps back it up some from there. It seems you already have some fantasy variants with the CSA.

Perhaps long-term; a global 1937 variant would require a number of new counters (Austrians, Czechs among them) and a host of special rules regarding production and reinforcements. I'm of the opinion that WWII didn't start till September of 1939 because nobody was ready for it to start before then.

As for the CSA that's not a fantasy variant, it's a potential Axis puppet state along the lines of Croatia and Manchukuo. (No scenario starts with the CSA in operation; it's something the Germans can set up if they have invaded North America.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:
As for the CSA that's not a fantasy variant, it's a potential Axis puppet state along the lines of Croatia and Manchukuo. (No scenario starts with the CSA in operation; it's something the Germans can set up if they have invaded North America.)

Germany invading North America? That sounds like a fantasy variant to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.