5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Good 2 player games with a steam punk theme. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I recently took a gamble on the game Steam Time, We (my wife and I) haven't played a steam punk themed game before, so we went in not knowing what to expect, however we both thoroughly enjoyed it, so much fun factor. Dare I say we enjoyed it more than our farming themed euros. This led me to think what other games would people recommend with the steam punk theme? that plays well with 2 players, it doesn't have to be an only 2 player game though. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steampunk Rally is a game in which players play as inventors (Edison, Tesla etc) and build steam punk machines to win a race. It's dice placement game. Each turn you draft cards (for parts of your machine) and then place dice on them for various effects (getting another dice, move etc). It's a very fun game for my family.

In Steam Park, players compete to build steampunk-ish amusement parks. There are 3D models for various amusements, making it very attractive game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
Spyrium is a great worker placement game with a (pasted on) steampunk theme. The gameplay is great, and the artwork is attractive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i will second steampunk rally. Awesome game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett X
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played none of them but have been looking into/heard a lot about -

The World of Smog: On Her Majesty's Service
City of Iron
Professor Pugnacious
Kings of Air and Steam

I own and like Vaults which is a steampunk themed card game but it doesn't necessarily feel like steampunk because you are safe crackers trying to get the most £££ The art is absolutely brilliant though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.