alex johns
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
There was a two-player game I used to play often as a kid that had a board with maybe 10 rows of 10 or so holes; each row could be slid horizontally to the left or right. On each side of the board, each player had a set of cylindrical pins that they moved across the board during the course of the game. If I remember correctly, you could only move the pins forward (not diagonally) and before your opponent's turn, you could move one of the sliding rows to stop them from moving a particular playing piece, or to move any of the pieces in that row of holes. I think the object of the game was to get one of your pieces/pawns all the way across the board.
I haven't seen or played this game in well over a decade, but I have a vague memory of the board and/or pieces being teal or magenta in color.
I described this game to a friend of mine and they hadn't heard of anything like it, and it has been killing me since then (not remembering the name, that is). There weren't any cards involved; the game could maybe me considered a strategy game as opposed to a board game. The board itself was made of hard plastic and was roughly the size of a standard school pencil box. The board looked very similar to that of MasterMind, but was a very different game.
I will go crazy trying to remember this game! Please please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Could it be Shuttles ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex johns
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
YES YES YES THANK YOU SO MUCH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.