Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing-klingon-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt I
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow this looks super interesting. This series actually forces you to play mixed faction. Someone could go all Klingon for the first two, but still has to take a Romulan ship on the third part. All three OPs are especially interesting for me because my venue plays faction pure fleets and I'm primarily a Federation player. It's going to be really interesting to build fleets for this storyline OP.

I think the setup for OP1 is setup so that player that do not have Gowron can still participate.

OP2 seems the most interesting because if both ships move 5/6 on the first turn an a ship gets one-shotted, I guess that's a win. I think maneuvering on the first two turns will be key.

The prize for OP3 and the Grand Prize have me super excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"It will be glorious!"

Looks exciting. From looking at the token contents on the the grand prize it appears that Sela is an Admiral, thumbsup. I would have preferred she be a retail release I am happy she is an Admiral.

Also Lursa and B'Tor are cool. Looks like if you take one as captain you can take the other as a crew. That is a fun mechanic we haven't seen before.

Lots of fun stuff here. Klingons should get quite a boost they are getting 4 new ships over the course of the next 4 OPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Ok. Can someone do the parsing of what is written on thos cards. I am having issues comprehending even the few that are completely shown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's a little odd that they're doing card packs for the monthly prizes, but an actual model for the grand prize, despite the preponderance of D'deridex ships out there. Do you think this means that it's likely to be a new sculpt or a new paint scheme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
Ok. Can someone do the parsing of what is written on thos cards. I am having issues comprehending even the few that are completely shown.
Here's what I can make out.

B'etor:
A friendly ship within Range 1-2 of your ship may use the Action or ability on your [Elite Talent] Upgrade as if it were assigned to that ship. If Lursa is the Captain of your ship, you may fill one of your [Crew] Upgrade slots with this card and gain +4 to your Captain Skill.

Sela:
ACTION: When defending this round, the attacking ship cannot benefit from or spend a (? probably TL) Token that is beside it nor can that ship spend a [BS] Token that is beside it against your ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MormegilND wrote:
I think it's a little odd that they're doing card packs for the monthly prizes, but an actual model for the grand prize, despite the preponderance of D'deridex ships out there. Do you think this means that it's likely to be a new sculpt or a new paint scheme?

The Enterprise A grand prize included a ship, and it was the new silver paint too, but should we just assume that this grand prize ship is just the Belak booster model?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
MormegilND wrote:

The Enterprise A grand prize included a ship, and it was the new silver paint too, but should we just assume that this grand prize ship is just the Belak booster model?

That's the interpretation that I'm leaning towards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
MormegilND wrote:
Church14 wrote:
Here's what I can make out.

B'etor:
A friendly ship within Range 1-2 of your ship may use the Action or ability on your [Elite Talent] Upgrade as if it were assigned to that ship. If Lursa is the Captain of your ship, you may fill one of your [Crew] Upgrade slots with this card and gain +4 to your Captain Skill.

Sela:
ACTION: When defending this round, the attacking ship cannot benefit from or spend a (? probably TL) Token that is beside it nor can that ship spend a [BS] Token that is beside it against your ship.

If Klingons had an elite talent that was not a discard (all but 1) or a disable (the 1), B'etor could be amazing. As she is now, just really useful. Dishonorable tactics seems neat for her.

Going cross faction... Truce, Conditional Surrender, Engage, or Destabilized relations sounds fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.