Subject: Confusion over dice rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the game is based around rolling dice, there are a few things which are not clear or are slightly contradictory in the rules. I would be interested to know what other people think on the following (or it is has been discussed on their discussion boards):

Rolling a die to defend
Natural 1 is a failure, Natural 6 is a success. Outside of that the rules have two different examples. Page 50 says "If the character rolls higher than the monster’s level, or if he rolls a natural (unmodified) 6, the character takes no damage from the attack." however the quick reference guide says "If result is equal to or better than monster’s L, take no damage."
I assumed the more difficult (i.e. the quick reference is wrong).

Rolling for Traps / save versus
Rolling against traps says you have to 'beat' the level of the trap (i.e. level 3 trap, roll a 4,5,6). However 'save versus' says you roll the target level or better (i.e. level 3 save, roll 3-6). It feels like these should be the same (and the same as defence - as they are all technically defending). Any thoughts on whether this is correct?

Exploding Dice
When attacking minions/vermin you take your d6 value, add modifiers, then divide by the level to determine how many were killed.
When rolling a natural 6 to attack, the dice is explosive (i.e you get to roll again). What is unclear is it also says "a 6 is always a success". Does this mean:
(a) You roll a 6, automatically defeat one monster, then roll again and take the new value as your attack.
(b) Roll a 6, roll again, then add all values, apply modifiers and then take the whole value as your attack?

Many thanks - i'm sure these things maybe don't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, but i'm a stickler for playing as intended
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked over at their forums, and following is the answer:

Defense rolls: you need to roll OVER the number (or to roll a 6). This is intentional to make defense harder.

Saves and attack rolls: you need to roll the target number or better.

Explosion: roll another die immediately, add the two dice, divide by the L of minions is the correct way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.