Hide
7 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: Did anyone try this game with new rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Rey
msg tools

Did anyone try to play original quests from Mistfall with new, updated rules i.e. new Time and Quest charters, new way to receive rewards and so on?
What's your opinion? Is it any better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Re: Did anyone try this game with rules?
Is the new reward system even out in a usable/pnp form?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Pavlin
Slovenia
Radomlje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a few games using reward system from HotM and we love it --- you can choose which available reward to buy and your personal rewards are always available --- so much more satisfying - probably never gonna play with the old system again.
I didn't try the new Time and Quest charters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So friggin' excited reading that, Marko! Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone has the copy with the new rules, compile some run through videos, would be great whistle
arrrh Still waiting my KS copy! So itchy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ant
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some months ago at my FLGS three of us played the "campaign" which went four sessions IIRC. We used as much of the new stuff as we could, based on rules published at that time.

It went very well, we all enjoyed the extra "stuff" available (although some of it from KS extras and campaign, I believe) and also the newer stronger monsters and bosses, again from KS packs.

But the best thing about those sessions was the "feel" of actual melee combat with everything happening simultaneously. Under the new rule that does away with "taking turns" we all acted at the same time. It was wild and chaotic but very satisfying overall.

For instance, I started out as the Frost Mage and then switched to the archer for the final two sessions. During our battle phase, I might say to one of the others, "Can you put one quick melee wound on that wolf in front of you? If so, I can finish it off." He would do that, and then meanwhile our other player might be thinking of something and she'd say, "I think I can send this other wolf back to the starting area, and then can you do that thing you did last battle to put progress on our quest? And so then we could all blah blah blah . . ."

It's great when you don't have to worry about "whose turn is it" and you can all just act together like a team in a chaotic melee situation where you have to deal with what's in front of you but everybody also has to be thinking about everybody else too. And of course you have to keep in mind the "end condition" for that particular encounter.

It was long enough ago that I just can't recall details (so many games!) but all in all, we really enjoyed it. Even with three players, it went relatively quickly, and there is absolutely no such thing as "down time" in this game, everybody must be involved at each minute.

Very satisfying the way this game has evolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the card interactions are even richer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.