$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rusviet (red) riverwalks from starting base to 3 territories instead of 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All factions/colors have two territories next to their home base. Except for the red faction, they have two adajacent territories connected by land and a third territory adjacent to their home base but seperated by a river.

I don't have the board with me (don't own the game myself), but if you look at the board it's very clear what I mean.

Imagine the following. The red player has developed riverwalk, and has a certain number of units on his circular home base. He uses the move action...

Can he move from his home base to the territory over the river?

- The rules (text) say something like "riverwalk allows units to cross rivers in order to move into certain territories".
- On the other hand, the icon of riverwalk depicts units moving out of a hex (a hex, not a circle), suggesting that riverwalk can be used to move from a hex to a hex.
- Third, all factions have exactly two territories next to their home base. Allowing this would allow the red faction to have three territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nándor Gáspár
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusviet can riverwalk into the third territory too.
This is confirmed by Jamey in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23243618#23225949
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hexes under the mech are showing what resource hex that faction can move to. I don't have faction boards I front of me but for example one could only move across rivers to a hex that is wood or steel, while another faction could only move across rivers to hexes that are food and worker production. So it balances things out. You can't just cross rivers in to any hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ydnad wrote:
Rusviet can riverwalk into the third territory too.
This is confirmed by Jamey in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23243618#23225949

And this one. I guess this thread makes the hat trick!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.