Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really care for playing the villains against the heroes, but some of those plots look neat. Any ideas on re-theming them?

Build an Underground Mega-Vault Prison - Obviously this would use Wounds, and probably should interact with the Bridge rather than the Sewers, but what to call it?

Cage Villains in Power-Suppressing Cells - This one could be done with any Henchman, like the Annihilation Wave scheme. And it works thematically, replacing Villains with Heroes.

Crown Thor King of Asgard - I have no idea who to use instead of Thor, or what they are trying to achieve, but this looks really fun.

Crush Hydra - Easily rethemed to SHIELD/Sidekicks/SHIELD Officers

Graduation at Xavier Academy - Something about recruiting young mutants for evil? Kind of boring, anyway.

Infiltrate the Lair with Spies- Change Lair to HQ and you're good to go. Maybe call them sleeper agents so rescuing them makes more sense.

Mass Produce the War Machine Armor: My first thought was Sentinels for this one. If anyone can think of a theme that works for different Henchmen I'd love to hear it.

Resurrect Heroes With the Norn Stones - This one works as is, replacing Heroes with Villains.

Fear Itself - This one works thematically if you start the fear level at 0 and have the heroes = 8-fear.

Last Stand at Avengers Tower - Mechanically, this should work with the Bank instead. Maybe call it "Turn the Bank Into a Fortress?" Sounds cheesy.

The Traitor - Works perfectly as-is with Wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of those are some net ideas, but would not work the way they were supposed to. some examples:

fear itself - it would be very difficult for you to win the game if you start with 0 cards in the hq and the first twist is faaar away in the villain deck.

the traitor - wounds inflict less damage than bindings! keep that in mind. if you have more than 1 binding in your hand, you can be sure that you will be targeted by other players soon enough. you get rid easily of wounds on the other hand, without this looming threat.

As I always say, do not think that the Villains set is that bad. If you do not want to play as villains against the heroes, then think about this: many of the characters in the Villains set have not always been villains. Heck, Emma Frost, Angel, Deadpool have done more horrible things throughout the years than some of the villains in there. Sabretooth, Magneto, Mystique have been X-Men in comics or movies, Green Goblin has had his moments, Ultron is programmed to be ruthless so you cannot really put the blame on him, Venom has been a good guy at times, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Fear Itself, I still meant to start with 8 and go down. Heroes = 8 - Fear Level.

You're right about Wounds vs Bindings, but I don't think it's that big a difference.

And yes, I know good and bad can be blurry in comics, but I don't want to play a heroic Magneto that throws Bindings at his "teammates" or a heroic Venom that eats Bystanders, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of these would work with Civil War content with very little re-theming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.