Subject: Preorder Still Open? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dom
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to ask if it is still open. According to the kickstarter-pre-order-site it says it is - but it also says "Delivery Date: September" - so I am not sure if I can trust it

And I am still on the fence if I should preorder (if still possible) or wait to retail - if this game makes it to Austria somehow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update from the creator said it'll be closer to November before games are delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Caciolli
Italy
Padua
flag msg tools
mb
domo_pingu wrote:
Just wanted to ask if it is still open. According to the kickstarter-pre-order-site it says it is - but it also says "Delivery Date: September" - so I am not sure if I can trust it

And I am still on the fence if I should preorder (if still possible) or wait to retail - if this game makes it to Austria somehow

the author, answering to a baker, wrote this in last update comments:

Send me a Kickstarter message with what you want to change your pledge to, and maybe we can figure something out. Basically, the numbers for all the Kickstarter copies and boxes of minis are set, so all I can do is offer additional retail copies at this point, which have minis and no "thank you" postcard.

I believe if you send him a mail you can arrange everything easily

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still preorder the retail version by clicking on the "Pre-Order!" Button on the KS page. It's $99 USD and I **think** you will qualify for the friendly shipping, which is $10 USD to Austria.

You will get the retail version, which has all the stretch goals and game content. The only difference between the KS version and retail is the inclusion of a Thank You postcard with a code on the back that will allow you to decipher secret code text in the game, but he said he expects that someone will post the cypher to BGG, so you won't miss out on any content, you'll just have to look up the cypher on the Internet instead of a card already in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex and Craig are correct. The pre-order is still open for the retail version of the game, of which there are plenty of copies.

Thanks for pointing out that delivery on the link said September. I had forgotten to change it with the updates. I've edited it so it reads November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Kickstarter copies ship at the same time as the retail copies?

Do the copies preordered during the week after the Kickstarter (the one counting for stretch goals and with the same price as Kickstarter) come at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorlin wrote:
Do the Kickstarter copies ship at the same time as the retail copies?

Do the copies preordered during the week after the Kickstarter (the one counting for stretch goals and with the same price as Kickstarter) come at the same time?

All pre-orders and Kickstarter orders will ship at the same time. There will then be a delay before the game is available in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between the Kickstarter version, pre-order version, and retail version (if anything)?

I was very excited when this project was announced but people who attended Gencon heard nothing new about the game. It was the game demo I was most excited to hear about and nobody even heard of it. Isaac, please explain how to get the game at this point and where should we point others to generate some buzz. Seems like a great game but the info and marketing is horrible. Realize Essen is a priority but start marketing now please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The preorder version is the retail version. It contains all the stretch goals and the full game content.

The KS version is the same with one addition -- a Thank you postcard for backers with a secret code on it that will allow you to decipher coded text you may encounter during the game. This isn't necessary for play, though, because somebody will post the cypher on BGG for those that don't have the postcard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I am really sorry I missed the KS by one hour, because my kids were screaming all around and I needed to calm them down. And when I got back to the order KS was gone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mb
As of 9/25/2016 It was still open. As that is when I finally got around to ordering my copy.

Although I couldn't find it on Kickstarter I did find it on their website which is here:

https://shop.trycelery.com/page/06571d8f-0818-49d0-97ce-e44b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Collins
United States
Marion
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Soooooooo, if I pre-order this from Coolstuffinc, right now, will I get all the KS stretch goals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
suikostinger wrote:
Soooooooo, if I pre-order this from Coolstuffinc, right now, will I get all the KS stretch goals?

This question is answered by Cliffy73 5 posts above. The answer is, basically, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Collins
United States
Marion
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Terah wrote:
suikostinger wrote:

This question is answered by Cliffy73 5 posts above. The answer is, basically, yes.

He was talking about pre-ordering the game through their KS page, I meant CSI store page, since it's $20 less on CSI. I know he said "retail version" But I just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
suikostinger wrote:
Terah wrote:
suikostinger wrote:

He was talking about pre-ordering the game through their KS page, I meant CSI store page, since it's $20 less on CSI. I know he said "retial version" But I just wanted to make sure.

I don't remember where I read it, so I can't give a link, but I'm pretty positive I read in numerous places that yes, it is the same. The only difference (besides the "Thank You" note) is that if you order it from CSI you'll probably get it a month or so after the KS and Pre-Orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm...do I cancel my Cephalofair and save $20 or keep it and get the game sooner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Collins
United States
Marion
South Carolina
flag msg tools
bamjoe wrote:
Hmm...do I cancel my Cephalofair and save $20 or keep it and get the game sooner?

Eh, time is nothing for me, I got the Mistfall expansion coming somewhat soon to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion would be to keep the pre-order from Cephalofair. I think that money is going straight to Isaac, which more than deserves it for the awesome job he did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Weber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much longer will the pre-order remain open? Curious how much time I have to decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac said he planned to keep the pre-order open until production finished. Originally that was meant to be in the next week or so, but with the identified issues it might get extended. Probably not too long though, as it's at least possible (albeit unlikely) that boxes could be on boats by the end of November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.