Subject: card size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for sleeving purpose. obviously, i haven't the lord of the rings lcg.

the cards look like magic size (great! penny sleeves!), but i prefer that somebody would confirm the size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Colddie
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The core will require 5 grey FFG packs (for 250 cards) and 1 yellow (50 cards)
now these are:

FFS05 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 IN 63.5 X 88 MM Gray
FFS01 1 5/8 X 2 1/2 IN 41 X 63 MM Yellow

Both taken from the FFG site so as official as it can be:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-horror...
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/fantasy-fligh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Heitz
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly from the Gen Con demo, the only cards that would use the yellow size are the character cards you place on the table to denote your character's current location. There's only five of them. I'm personally thinking about using miniatures instead of those cards, so I'm not planning to sleeve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case it's not obvious, the FFG Grey sleeves for 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 cards are the American standard size = same size as Magic cards.

Although I don't like using penny sleeves because the flimsy larger size makes the cards slide around inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Horn
United States
Rush
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so the standard size of the Ultra Pro would be the corresponding size for these cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
JEVanHorn wrote:
so the standard size of the Ultra Pro would be the corresponding size for these cards?

Yes, standard Magic size - 63 x 85 mm - Green Mayday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder if you can get by with less if you don't want to sleeve investigator cards that you aren't playing with. If I understand the design, there's a lot of cards you wouldn't be using.

That said, any "extra" sleeves of the standard size can quickly be employed as soon as the first expansion hits, so there's no real concern about buying too many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.