Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Imperial coop defenders of the empire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone has missed it I have posted some bits for an imperial coop campaign along the lines of HotAC.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135532/defenders-empire

V1.1 contains the first 2 missions
You will also find a file for AI movement cards and a file for rebel elite.

I am currently testing the 3rd mission but if anyone is willing to play the first missions as shown in v1.1 and give feedback it would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Storgar wrote:
In case anyone has missed it I have posted some bits for an imperial coop campaign along the lines of HotAC.
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/135532/defenders-empire

V1.1 contains the first 2 missions
You will also find a file for AI movement cards and a file for rebel elite.

I am currently testing the 3rd mission but if anyone is willing to play the first missions as shown in v1.1 and give feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

I've been following your imperial campaign closely but sadly hav not had a chance to play it. Just wanted to say thanks very much for putting it together. It is much appreciated. I'm hoping to play a mission or two next week am looking very forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be great if you can, will look forward to any feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:
The Rebel AI have been progressing well, there are now AI for
A, B, E, K, X, Y Wings
Yt1300 & 2400
HWK-290
Z95

The Campaign has 3 missions done with the 4th mission in testing phase.

These 1st 4 missions make up a set that kick off the campaign. By the end of these you should be in a position to upgrade to a better ship that the Tie fighter.

I am now looking for others to get involved in creating mission arcs.

Each mission arc should have 3-4 missions, should have a basic story line (this can be fleshed out later), follow the guidelines and rules set out in the documents i have uploaded. You should play test a few times with each player count (primarily 2-4 players), the play tests would ideally result with wins and losses on each mission or at least only just winning if there are no losses. Once you have got to this point please contact me and I will get some further play tests done and incorporate the mission arc into the documents with your name as a credit for those missions.

If you are interested in giving this a go and have questions please contact me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Geek Captain
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sharing this amazing project. I look forward to more missions.

In order to play this do I need HotAC or is this project a standalone system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of the missions will include scenery items such as ion storms or space station elements from HotAC but otherwise it is stand alone. An understanding of the rules of HotAC is probably required too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok v 1.4 uploaded with some major changes, please take a look and...

A call out for Mission designers
Defenders of the Empire is an imperial campaign based on HotAC. In this campaign players are assigned ships and sent on missions to complete.
The 1st 4 Missions are a set gateway into the game and are in the Defenders of the Empire File
There will then be 4 sets of 3 missions before a final set of 4 missions to conclude the campaign.
These sets of missions are where help is needed and it is also a great opportunity to be a part of the community project – Defenders of the Empire.
If more mission arcs are created other than the 4 required then these will provide alternative arcs for players when they reach that point in the campaign.
Are you able to design a set of 3 missions that fit into one of these categories:
Select a mission set and 1 of the ship types shown, the players will all then fly that ship, the player PS level has also been indicated for each mission to help with play testing to get the correct level of difficulty.
Missions 5-7 M5=PS3 M6=PS4 M7=PS4
Tie Bomber
Tie Interceptor
Missions 8-10 M8=PS5 M9=PS5 M10=PS6
Tie Bomber
Tie Interceptor
Tie Advanced
Missions 11-13 M11=PS6 M12=PS7 M13=PS7
Tie Punisher
Tie Interceptor
Tie Advanced
Missions 14-16 M14=PS7 M15=PS8 M16=PS8
Tie Punisher
Tie Advanced

If you are willing and able to help out please do contact me by mail and I can arrange for needed files to be sent over.
Thanks greatly to the forum for the ideas I have used and to those who have already lent a great hand already in this project and to those who decide to help out further 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget Missions 17-20 in the TIE Defender.

The TIE Striker will be out in a few weeks and will probably be reasonable at the levels with Bombers.

AI Flee doesn't cover trying to fly off the board. Is this no longer an option? For that matter, most of the Imperial ships aren't hyperdrive-equipped, so they shouldn't be able to flee to hyperspace. (I think the Advanced and Defender are the only exceptions.)

Does spending a focus token near Chaser qualify for an assist? HotAC may be moving a different assist model where that is reasonable.

I recommend against allowing Wampa as an elite talent. It doesn't combine well with many elite talents and several ships; there are reasons why it is on a TIE-LN with no EPT slot. (For example: use with ATC or Calculation. Particularly gross if multiple pilots do this and E-Wings go down in one turn after two shots are fired.)

Kenkirk is also a bit dubious; imagine it on a Bomber.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missions 17-20 I was planning to do myself so trying to get others to focus on the bits between.

Striker missions will be good to add, the way we have it set now any of the imperial ships could be added as you can just create a mission set at the right PS level and slot it in with the rest.

AI flee should still have fly off the board, might add it into the rule book to save space.

Some of the elites will def need the assists added into them, if you see any let me know which ones and I can add them.

As for wampa, I thought with named elite skills that they were treated as unique so only 1 player can use each one. Not sure why I thought that but might add it to the rules in DotE. I thought if only 1 player had it it would not be too bad but it could be removed as with ATC it is OP.

Kenkirk would be funny on a bomber lol, maybe change to when your hull is at half its original value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if there is only one Wampa, Colzet will flip the card by spending a TL (nasty in the new damage deck).

I agree that it is strange to duplicate named EPTs; in my HotAC campaign two people have Sabine's ability (whereas I play to replace PtL with Jake Farrel).

Kenkirk isn't that unreasonable, I guess. On a Bomber or Punisher it isn't really better than on Decimator (they have half the hull and at most two agility).

Oicunn would be bad with a Striker since it could be used to do two damage.

I like the new progression, but I'm not sure how it works out with XP. The first set of missions should generate too much XP to be only PS3 afterwards and the last missions before getting the defender might not generate enough XP for the power level progression, particularly if players want to buy the high-level named abilities. Taking a Bomber/Punisher means that you should spend a lot of XP on ordinance whereas Interceptors just want some cheap modifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I was thinking a similar thing with the xp myself. Not sure how it will pan, in early missions you may want to bank larger amounts of xp to equip upgrades when you jump into a bomber for the first time. This might help later on with going up pilot skills and needing less for upgrades. Will have to see how it pans out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
V1.5 has now been posted, see link in opening comment. This should be very close to final for this document. It includes rules and the first 4 missions. These missions have been tested at 2-4 players but may need adjusting at 5-6 players. Please do give feedback if you give it a try.

More missions are currently under way. These will be posted in a separate mission booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new mission booklet has now been uploaded, the Mugaari campaign. These missions follow straight on from the opening 4 missions.

Hope you enjoys and feel free to give feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.