BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Good bio break games (Mobile) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
...and the Eye of Sauron the Terrible few could endure.
mbmbmbmbmb
I need suggestions for good Android games when taking a break so to say. So not too long and not too demanding mentally or physically. Preferably it should be easy to play for a while and then put it down.

I have played Threes a lot but a little tired of it now.

I don't mind paying for games but no freemium games please, at least if you need to buy stuff to enjoy it.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer is good. It does have paid add-ons, but even the basic game is lots of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I play tons of hearts and San Juan. I have apps like Splendor too, but they take too long when I want to fill in a minute or two, but a couple hands of hearts does that well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
\m/ Stoner Rock \m/ (Joe)
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tichu is my standard go-to Android game. Easy to jump in and out of, since you can review the remaining card count at any time.

Edit: Only problem is that it's not been updated in a long time, and is not very friendly with larger screens. The bigger the UI, the smaller the cards are. So if you don't have the best eyesight, or have a phone bigger than a small dog, this could be a problem for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
I need suggestions for good Android games when taking a break so to say. So not too long and not too demanding mentally or physically. Preferably it should be easy to play for a while and then put it down.

I have played Threes a lot but a little tired of it now.

I don't mind paying for games but no freemium games please, at least if you need to buy stuff to enjoy it.

Any ideas?

If Dream Quest is on Android, I'd start with that. I'm a big fan of Threes, and between Threes and Dream Quest, those are my most two played games on my phone.

Ed: Sorry, I just looked on the Android Store, and it's not there. Bummer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
On iOS I like Slay, Ticket to Ride, Zooloretto, and Solebon Solitare. They may be available for Android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now by main bathroom break game is PacMan 256. Hill Climb Racing is also a shortish game until you get the vehicles fully upgraded. Similarly, the early levels of Super Stickman Golf 2 can be completed in less than five minutes, but the later levels require some thinking and timing. If you want board game like, Prestige is a free Splendor clone that plays pretty quick. The AI is consistently beatable but still a slight challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.