Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Anyone attended GenCon and hearded/witnessed/played the "Goritsi Rising" Quest?
Cares to tell us about it?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played in it and can answer any questions you have.

It was billed as a two-part quest, but with a 3x3 map in the first scenario we never got to the second one. Pretty standard objective of collect all the objective markers then escape. Only real difference was that necromancers were replaced with a vampire mini from Wrath of Kings (I think) with some special rules: 1 activation and would move toward survivors rather than trying to escape, had 5 hit points that you had to hack through to kill (2 damage weapons did 2 hit points, etc.), and when it did damage to a survivor, it would heal as well. The spawn deck included wolves and the abomnialpha.

We walked away with a vampire mini to incorporate in the future, but they did not have printed scenarios for us to take (as originally was advertised). We were told they would be available to download online soon, though.

Happy to answer any other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Did the flavour text teaches us anything ?
Did you get the spawn cards to go along the vampire mini?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what flavor text you mean, but I think there was a short story that went along with the campaign. Nothing really stood out, though, sorry. No new spawn cards. We just used the regular necromancer cards and just considered them vampire spawns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:
I played in it and can answer any questions you have.

It was billed as a two-part quest, but with a 3x3 map in the first scenario we never got to the second one. Pretty standard objective of collect all the objective markers then escape. Only real difference was that necromancers were replaced with a vampire mini from Wrath of Kings (I think) with some special rules: 1 activation and would move toward survivors rather than trying to escape, had 5 hit points that you had to hack through to kill (2 damage weapons did 2 hit points, etc.), and when it did damage to a survivor, it would heal as well. The spawn deck included wolves and the abomnialpha.

We walked away with a vampire mini to incorporate in the future, but they did not have printed scenarios for us to take (as originally was advertised). We were told they would be available to download online soon, though.

Happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks for this.

I'll be testing these in the near future. One excellent aspect to this information, is that it suggests that CMoN could be "Testing" rules for other types of undead, which, if true, could bode very well for Season 2+ as it may indicate that the Zcide world, at least for BP, could be expanding beyond multiple Zombie types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is nothing new, this is very close to the Modern Lost gameplay, "regeneration" aside (which doesn't happen that often).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.