Orléans» Forums » General

Subject: Average End Score rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero Cabral
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've just played my first session of this incredible game and it was a blast! What a good game... Simple mechanics, but a lot of strategy. :-)

I would like to know, tough, what is the average end score that you are seeing...
In my 2 player game we scored 132 vs 99. Winning player used a strategy with lots of technology and monks and achieved the end of the development track (X6), having 4 citizens and 8 guilds. Player #2 used a strategy most based in building guilds and earning a lot of money during the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Those scores seem about right. In my 3-player game, the high score was 108 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerritjan Roubos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why, but with two players ~100 and with 3 players ~130

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
The usual ranges for us tend to be 140-90. If we have a new player, 70 is a decent starting score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with three on Tuesday. Low score didn't get it quickly and we were a little rushed so he finished on around 68, I won 137 to 133. I'd call that about typical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cleared 180 in a 4-player as a personal best (no expansions). In a highly competitive 4-player we had scores of 132, 121, 120, and 119.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing scores is a bit tricky, as there exist 3 different version of the bath house: one rather weak (DLP 2nd ed.), one very strong (TMG), one overpowered (DLP 1st ed.). Also there is a variant within the rules (some buildings sorted out) and one on the homepage, and also several promos around which some people use.

With just the base game and the weak bathhouse version, we'd have scores between around 70 and around 200, average would be around 130 I guess.

I'd say:

<70 : appalling
70-100: weak
100-120: ok for a start
120-140: solid
140-160: good
160-180: very good
180+ Excellent

but of course those are just rough estimations, it also depends on player number and how the game goes.
And I must add, that some of the poeple I played Orleans with, are members of team which won the German Boardgame Championships this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 180 was using TMG bathhouse. I also had School and Hospital, if I recall correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
I also had School and Hospital, if I recall correctly.

That's the standard winning combo, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I mean, if you get 3 buildings that are top-tier, it's pretty crazy. Automate one of the spots on hospital, make a token effort and put out at least a few trading posts, use town hall to get rid of everything you don't really need (basically everything but your scholars and starters, maybe an extra knight depending on whether you automated knight spot(s) on guild hall / wagon / ship)...

Now when we play with the "select a building to remove" variant, those are buildings frequently targeted to remove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.