Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Making Fun's Android App: Is there a way to see game logs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Can this be done? If so, how? I'd like to be able to review certain games and ask others for advice on how I could have plaid better. You used to be able to do this with Isotropic, but I'm not sure whether it's possible with Making Fun's app.

Thanks in advance for the input.

-Tim
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to same game logs?
Menu button --> Settings --> check the Enable Game Logs option
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to same game logs?
ackmondual wrote:
Menu button --> Settings --> check the Enable Game Logs option


Is the menu button only available while you're playing a game? I'm using a Galaxy Note II and my phone's menu button doesn't do anything while I'm on the "Seek A Game" screen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to same game logs?
TIM0THY wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Menu button --> Settings --> check the Enable Game Logs option


Is the menu button only available while you're playing a game? I'm using a Galaxy Note II and my phone's menu button doesn't do anything while I'm on the "Seek A Game" screen.


If you're in the middle of a game or the title screen, pressing the hard, capacitive menu button (bottom left on a Note 2) will take the place of the "Menu button" that's on the screen*.

* this is done in later versions of Android and will be the standard today. iOS devices having no menu buttons also use this schema.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to same game logs?
So, I noticed the "On the web" button at the bottom of the game log that's available after finishing a game. Is there a way to search through these logs? Meaning, can I access logs from previous games? Like from a few days ago? Or does it only provide access to the logs from your most recent game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to same game logs?
TIM0THY wrote:
So, I noticed the "On the web" button at the bottom of the game log that's available after finishing a game. Is there a way to search through these logs? Meaning, can I access logs from previous games? Like from a few days ago? Or does it only provide access to the logs from your most recent game?
If you check the option to save the log, they'll be saved onto your device storage (or expansion card), which should be in the form of a text file. Assuming that's the format, you can do word searches just like with any text editor.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
ackmondual wrote:
If you check the option to save the log...


Hmmm... Where do I find this option?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
TIM0THY wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
If you check the option to save the log...


Hmmm... Where do I find this option?


Just to be clear, this settings option is a checkbox which you turn on or off.

It's in the Settings screen. Are you at least able to get to that? If not, let us know what kind of phone you have. Don't know if Galaxy Note 2 was this thread, or I got that mixed up with another thread.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
On the main page when I click on the gear icon I see an options screen that allows me to toggle on and off the music and the sound effects.

While I'm playing a game if I click on the gear icon I get an options screen with those same options as well as the following: an animation speed selector, a checkbox for "Always stack duplicate cards", a checkbox for "Put events before supply cards", a radio button selector for "Enable Visual Effects".

I don't see any other way to access settings or options. I'm not saying it isn't there, I'm just saying I haven't noticed any other way to access settings.

I'm using a Galaxy Note II.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
TIM0THY wrote:
On the main page when I click on the gear icon I see an options screen that allows me to toggle on and off the music and the sound effects.

While I'm playing a game if I click on the gear icon I get an options screen with those same options as well as the following: an animation speed selector, a checkbox for "Always stack duplicate cards", a checkbox for "Put events before supply cards", a radio button selector for "Enable Visual Effects".

I don't see any other way to access settings or options. I'm not saying it isn't there, I'm just saying I haven't noticed any other way to access settings.

I'm using a Galaxy Note II.


Ohh, I take it this is the version developed by Making Fun (called Dominion Online)? I thought you were talking about Androminion. My bad! That app has no music whatsoever.

Sorry to lead you around. It didn't dawn on me that people are able to play the MF on their Android devices now blush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
Yeah- this is the Making Fun app.

Edit: I was under the impression that RGG and DXV had sent a cease and desist to the Androminion folks. I didn't think you could get it anymore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
TIM0THY wrote:
Yeah- this is the Making Fun app.

Edit: I was under the impression that RGG and DXV had sent a cease and desist to the Androminion folks. I didn't think you could get it anymore.
You may want to change the name of the thread title to something like "Dominion Online via Android phone". AFAIK, MF version isn't technically an Android app.

Correct. Androminion is no longer on Google Play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Android App: Is there a way to see game logs?
ackmondual wrote:
AFAIK, MF version isn't technically an Android app.


I figure if I can download and install it through Google Play that would qualify it as an Android App.

Nevertheless, I think your suggestion is a good one. I'll go change the name of the thread right now.


Edit: In Google Play, the application isn't called "Dominion Online". It's called simply "Dominion".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
Yeah- this is the Making Fun app.

Edit: I was under the impression that RGG and DXV had sent a cease and desist to the Androminion folks. I didn't think you could get it anymore.
Not quite. They asked that it be removed from the Google Play store, and it was. You can still get it, just not from there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:
Yeah- this is the Making Fun app.

Edit: I was under the impression that RGG and DXV had sent a cease and desist to the Androminion folks. I didn't think you could get it anymore.
Not quite. They asked that it be removed from the Google Play store, and it was. You can still get it, just not from there.


Thanks for clarifying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As for finding the game logs, they are usually available the following day if you search on http://www.gokosalvager.com but I'm not familiar enough with the app to know whether there's a way to see them instantly like there is with the desktop client.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.