2 Posts

Fire in the Lake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Setup choices clarification - Deck Preparation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricrd Rosa
Slovakia
flag msg tools
I it not clear to me, what are the options during the setup of the game.

In the Deck Preparation part of the rulebook there is written how to prepare the decks by using all the cards for particular scenario - Short, Mediu, Long.

But in the next section Scenarios, in the part Deck: there is written, that we should have fewer cards. For example, according to Deck Preparation section, we should prepare the Deck by using all 48 Cards of the year 1965 for the Short sceario. But in the Scenario section, it is written that we use only 24 Cards and 3 Coups in the Deck...

So my question is, is it up to us to decide how to build the deck, whether to use all 48 cards or just 24 with some Coup cards already in play?
And all other setup is alwalys the same? For example starting resource and all pieces on the map...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryko79 wrote:
I it not clear to me, what are the options during the setup of the game.

In the Deck Preparation part of the rulebook there is written how to prepare the decks by using all the cards for particular scenario - Short, Mediu, Long.

But in the next section Scenarios, in the part Deck: there is written, that we should have fewer cards. For example, according to Deck Preparation section, we should prepare the Deck by using all 48 Cards of the year 1965 for the Short sceario. But in the Scenario section, it is written that we use only 24 Cards and 3 Coups in the Deck...

So my question is, is it up to us to decide how to build the deck, whether to use all 48 cards or just 24 with some Coup cards already in play?
And all other setup is alwalys the same? For example starting resource and all pieces on the map...

What they are saying is to separate the deck by year, and from that group, you will make your deck according to the scenario setup instructions. There will always be cards that are not used, leading to uncertainty as to which events will and will not appear in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.