about 90 minutes from my experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
90 minutes is pretty accurate on this one. You might spend an additional 15-20 minutes the first time you play for learning but the game is pretty easy to pick up compared to most games in the genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karlo arciaga
United States
California
flag msg tools
my first playthrough was a womping 150 minutes. HOWEVER - this consisted of unboxing, map setup, and teaching the rules to a new player.

my second playthrough was reduced significantly to 75-90 minutes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lil Keezy
msg tools
2 hours is probably the longest you can expect a game to last. unless your have players who are over analyzing every little action, making the turns stretch out much longer then they need to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Bradford
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First game came out at just under three hours. This was setup and 'Chewing Rules', so I'm disinclined to actually consider it a game session.

Second game was just under two hours. We figured that this was mostly due to hanging ourselves on some rules minutiae, and wasting time during setup.

Third game came out to about two hours. We had a new player who had a difficult time with the general game structure.

Last game we had was right on the 90min mark. This was three players who knew the rules that sat down at a table that had already been set for the game.

Going forward, I see this dialing in at right around the 1.5-1.75 hour mark as an average.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Game duration can vary wildly based on the players. People who have trouble making decisions, or groups who feel the need to debate EVERYTHING will take much longer. I agree a typical game is 90, but my last game pushed two and a half hours because of a need to debate every choice endlessly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jameson
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A teaching game will take ~2.5 - 3 hours, depending on the aptitude of the players. Lots of small things to mention, but not complex.

The beginning of the round is often the slowest, as the FAITH players may discuss a plan back and forth for some time before taking their first action.

Once everyone knows the game and has a couple of plays under the belt, I estimate average length would be ~90 mins. Great game for a couple of week night plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
It was 90-120 minutes for my first game. I played the sin against 2 other guys who had played twice. The game didn't even last halfway through round 2 before I won though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
It was 90-120 minutes for my first game. I played the sin against 2 other guys who had played twice. The game didn't even last halfway through round 2 before I won though.

Yep, this was my experience - a long hour to teach (and chat, drink, eat food - nice an casual) - and then around 45 minutes for the sin to smash all the players into pulp by the start of round 2 surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.