$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

A Feast for Odin» Forums » General

Subject: UK RRP £92.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! Too rich for my blood, time to get more value out of my copies of Caverna and Le Havre
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to pick it up for much less at Spiel...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you see this? i haven't seen it on sale/preorder anywhere yet?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Platt
United Kingdom
Duston
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It was info released to retailers to pre order copies for release after Spiel.

Same RRP as Mansions 2nd edition and all the FF bigger box games going forward according to my FLGS.

The market will bear the weight, or it won't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bigshowfan wrote:
It was info released to retailers to pre order copies for release after Spiel.

Same RRP as Mansions 2nd edition and all the FF bigger box games going forward according to my FLGS.

The market will bear the weight, or it won't.


Caverna was about 75, and Fields of Arle was about that too. It's hefty, but the industry has been trending more expensive for a while now.

With this and Inis I guess I'm not investing into many more games from primary market this Essen season.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember predicting prior to Caverna's release that it would not surpass Agricola in the ratings because of the higher price point, but I have been proven wrong. The sky's the limit!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredericus Rex
Germany
Bamberg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
Bigshowfan wrote:
It was info released to retailers to pre order copies for release after Spiel.

Same RRP as Mansions 2nd edition and all the FF bigger box games going forward according to my FLGS.

The market will bear the weight, or it won't.


Caverna was about 75, and Fields of Arle was about that too. It's hefty, but the industry has been trending more expensive for a while now.


You can get Fields for 40ish Euros and at least in Germany there were special offers that went down to 32€ (regular internet store not ebay).

So yeah the pricelevels are getting higher but wait a little and you get most things for a reasonable price.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphikiel wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
Bigshowfan wrote:
It was info released to retailers to pre order copies for release after Spiel.

Same RRP as Mansions 2nd edition and all the FF bigger box games going forward according to my FLGS.

The market will bear the weight, or it won't.


Caverna was about 75, and Fields of Arle was about that too. It's hefty, but the industry has been trending more expensive for a while now.


You can get Fields for 40ish Euros and at least in Germany there were special offers that went down to 32€ (regular internet store not ebay).

So yeah the pricelevels are getting higher but wait a little and you get most things for a reasonable price.


But the thing in Germany the localised games are cheaper than the English games in UK. We discussed this in my group tonight in fact, and apparently what happens with some distributors is that the English copies are all sent to USA and then shipped to UK, while in Germany most of the localised games are produced there.
This week I bought a copy of Fields of Arle in German, and with shipping to UK it was still cheaper than a new copy in English here (if they were in stock). Same thing happens with other games, La Granja in German is around 35/40€ in English here it's around 50/60€.
For this one I want to see how much text the cards have and if it's too pricy here, I might go ahead and also buy it in German.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreea Ionica
Romania
Bacau
flag msg tools
How was it to play Fields of Arle in german? there is a lot of text on the board. would you recommend it for a non-german speaker ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
flashsma wrote:
How was it to play Fields of Arle in german? there is a lot of text on the board. would you recommend it for a non-german speaker ?


Is on its way from Germany now, once I have it I'll let you know the experience
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with the current exchange rate, an MSRP of $100 converting to an RRP of £93 seems over the top...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. A Feast For Odin is only $62 on preorder over here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Yikes. A Feast For Odin is only $62 on preorder over here.


Bear in mind that this is MSRP, not discounted store price, and that UK prices include our... generous 20% sales tax.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Poole
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikey. Might have to wait a bit on this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good God that is bonkers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
Yikes. A Feast For Odin is only $62 on preorder over here.


Bear in mind that this is MSRP, not discounted store price, and that UK prices include our... generous 20% sales tax.


Sales tax is 20%...my gosh...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
Tarnop wrote:
colmmccarthy wrote:
Yikes. A Feast For Odin is only $62 on preorder over here.


Bear in mind that this is MSRP, not discounted store price, and that UK prices include our... generous 20% sales tax.


Sales tax is 20%...my gosh...


24% percent here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Cecchetti
Italy
Navacchio
PI
flag msg tools
mb
I know I am a bit out of topic. But do you think it will be possible to find Fields of Arle (english version) in Essen for that 40 EUR price?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Panayi
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
It is available for preorder at the 92.99 price:

http://www.365games.co.uk/strategy-board-games/feast-for-odi...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
paniceolan wrote:
It is available for preorder at the 92.99 price:

http://www.365games.co.uk/strategy-board-games/feast-for-odi...


Hmm that is certainly expensive. I'll wait to see the prices in my usual shops, and I'll ask in the local shop I've been going to play the last two weeks. But if everywhere is like that I think I might go with the German version.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diotant
United Kingdom
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
jesberpen wrote:
Hmm that is certainly expensive. I'll wait to see the prices in my usual shops, and I'll ask in the local shop


Jesus,

The following online shop is bases in Warwick (I know the guy who runs it):

http://www.theccgandboardgamesocial.com/

It may be worth finding out what price they can do A Feast for Odin for on pre-order? I'm sure that they could get it delivered to the pub on a Thursday night to save on postage. (Likely to be high on this game).

Pete.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Diotant wrote:
jesberpen wrote:
Hmm that is certainly expensive. I'll wait to see the prices in my usual shops, and I'll ask in the local shop


Jesus,

The following online shop is bases in Warwick (I know the guy who runs it):

http://www.theccgandboardgamesocial.com/

It may be worth finding out what price they can do A Feast for Odin for on pre-order? I'm sure that they could get it delivered to the pub on a Thursday night to save on postage. (Likely to be high on this game).

Pete.


Hi Pete,

Thanks for your answer, I actually preordered the game in a shop I go to play in Leamington. The guy that runs the shop put me on the book but hasn't ordered the games yet so he doesn't know the price. I sold a couple of games this month, so if it's £90 so be it, if it's less then even more happy to get it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
paniceolan wrote:
It is available for preorder at the 92.99 price:

http://www.365games.co.uk/strategy-board-games/feast-for-odi...


Hmm that is certainly expensive. I'll wait to see the prices in my usual shops, and I'll ask in the local shop I've been going to play the last two weeks. But if everywhere is like that I think I might go with the German version.


Irksome so it may be, 365 Games are usually among the cheapest of the UK online retailers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m p
England
flag msg tools
£74.00 pre-order at Thirsty Meeples.

http://www.thirstymeeples.co.uk/games/a-feast-for-odin
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Coventry
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mjp1987 wrote:
£74.00 pre-order at Thirsty Meeples.

http://www.thirstymeeples.co.uk/games/a-feast-for-odin


Nice, that is a more reasonable price. I suppose in the other shop they use a high price and then they reduce it once they know the real retail price and you et the lower price. Not the first time I've seen an online shop doing that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.