Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I am in Boyne City near the west tip of the mitt. I am looking to join a group or start one. Ideally I am looking for 3 people looking for one more, or three people who want to get together. I can drive up to 45 minutes away at most (I have small children and don't want to be too far away if my wife needs me home). So that cuts out a lot of places, I know. No traveling to Traverse City, and I prefer to not go to Gaylord. I am not interested in a store setting for meetups. I would play at an eatery, bar, library, park, or community center. Once we know each other I would be fine going to someones home or inviting others to my home.

I like most games, but I'm not really into party games. I have been in a couple of groups before, but they grew out of the four people pretty quickly and devolved into party game groups. I don't mind the occasional extra person, but I like board games that play 3-5. I wouldn't mind being in a larger group as long as that group is willing to split up into smaller groups.

Check out my profile and my top ten to see if you are interested in playing with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
How far are you from kalkaska? I am about 30 minutes south of kalkaska in kingsley. I may be interested if logistics work out. I don't want to travel too far either but a little travel never get anyone. My brother may be interested also but he is moving over to lake ann(west of TC) soon so he will be a little farther away soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little under an hour away from Kalkaska, and that's with no traffic (there's rarely ever any traffic). Could you make it to Short's Brewing Co. in Bellaire? If so how long would that take you? I am about 40-45 minutes from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
Bellaire is 1 to 1.25 hours from here, maybe 1.5 hours depending on where in Bellaire. Not sure exactly where shorts is at in the town. We may be able to work something out at some point. It won't be until fall at the earliest though because I am just swamped between my regular job, teaching a class at the college, a side job, and the kids stuff.

On a side note, I remember reading something a while back about someone in Gaylord looking for a group also. I don't know how to search for it, but it is in here somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
I don't know the towns up there too well, since I usually just pass through them on the way up north, but Mancelona is probably 45-50 minutes from me at a guess. Don't know if there is anything there besides a McDonalds though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkyroot wrote:

On a side note, I remember reading something a while back about someone in Gaylord looking for a group also. I don't know how to search for it, but it is in here somewhere.

This one?

Game Night in Gaylord. MI.

And I'm 30 minutes west of Traverse, so that disqualifies me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hodges
United States
Gaylord
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm in Gaylord and I am potentially interested. I have a pretty demanding job and have a young child, so my schedule is tight but as long as get togethers are planned in advance I'd love to be a part of a somewhat regular group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.