Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all

I just grabbed a copy of this game after playing it for the first time last week and love the entire concept of this game. It's such a refreshing change of pace from a lot of other games out there. However, I was surprised that there wasn't an additional show type included in the game - The Game Show! C'mon all, we need to add this in somehow. Thoughts on show names:

Spinning Polygons of Prizes
Questioning the Answers
B-List Celebrity Tic-Tac-Toe
$10,000 Pyramid Scheme
Dueling In-laws
Hey There, I Got Something You Might Like (Maybe)
Guessing Prices on Weird Stuff
Setting Up Strangers

What do you think? Great way to add more variety and get some bonuses from Ads and even some Stars. Could change things up a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a game mechanic attached to this show type; maybe a higher per-season show cost (because of the prizes) but spends multiple seasons in reruns ("Weekdays at 11 on...")?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
I would love to see a game mechanic attached to this show type; maybe a higher per-season show cost (because of the prizes) but spends multiple seasons in reruns ("Weekdays at 11 on...")?

Actually, these are some of the cheapest shows to air. No script writers, no special effects, no soundtrack, no real actors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but that's where the cost comes in with prizes, right? I would say that in game, they would benefit benefit better from ads maybe and be able to attract more fans because of it. Also, I love the idea of the show type staying in rerun longer. That's just brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this. If it were me, I'd make the viewer scores:

3x$
3x$
2x$
1x$

Where each scoring season, you get viewers X the amount of money you are willing to pay for prize money at those multipliers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
However, I was surprised that there wasn't an additional show type included in the game - The Game Show! C'mon all, we need to add this in somehow.

It was in there originally, back when the game was set in the 80s! When I moved it to current-day, I swapped game shows out for reality shows.

Quote:
I love this. If it were me, I'd make the viewer scores:

3x$
3x$
2x$
1x$

Where each scoring season, you get viewers X the amount of money you are willing to pay for prize money at those multipliers.

I like this train of thought. You'd have to play with the conversions, though. 3x$ may be too high; $10m gets you 30 Viewers, and you don't get anywhere near that conversion rate elsewhere in the game.

I'd want to try out these two arcs:

Show A (optional Ad slot)
2x$
1x$
1x$

Show B (mandatory Ad slot)
1x$
2x$
2x$

Show C (optional Star/Ad slot)
1x$
1x$
1x$

Perhaps we'd also have a show that has a "gray side," like conditional Stars...

Show D (optional Ad slot)
$2x$ (min 6) / 5
$2x$ (min 8) / 4
$2x$ (min 10) / 3

If you can't meet the minimum number of Viewers during a season, you IMMEDIATELY rotate the Show to its gray side!

This might be cool for a mini-expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you can't meet the minimum number of Viewers during a season, you IMMEDIATELY rotate the Show to its gray side!

OOooh I like this. The only reason I thought 3x might work is because you would have to save and not spend that money until scoring the season, thus you'd be giving up using that money to acquire Stars and other shows.

This would be a fun use of blank cards to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, that mini expansion should have more of the other shows as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.