Joe C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ok so there has been a ton of debate with my friend on how All-Seeing Eye should work. We eventually reasoned our way into a ridiculous interpretation of the card, which I think it incorrect.

All-Seeing Eye: Once per turn when an opponent plays a spell card, you may discard a spell card to cancel its affects.

Our main confusion occurred, when we tried to figure out, what would happen when a player tried to Freeze an All-Seeing Eye. Can the All-Seeing Eye - discard a spell card to cancel the Freeze? We decided that yes it can, but ONLY if the player with the All-Seeing Eye is the active player. This is mainly due to what it says on the Boss Monster Wikia.(pasted below with link)

[url]
http://bossmonster.wikia.com/wiki/All-Seeing_Eye[/url]

"If Freeze is played on All-Seeing Eye, you can use the ability of All-Seeing Eye if you have priority. If the player who played Freeze has priority, you cannot use the ability. If neither of you have priority, it is then decided by XP. See comments for an in-depth explanation."

However I think this ruling is completely wrong and the wiki is giving out incorrect information. You should be able to counter the freeze spell, regardless of whether you are active or non-active. The card ability is a "cancel" ability, which is exactly what a counterspell's ability is. (the word "cancel" is used on both cards). Counterspells(and all cancel effects for that matter) ignore active player priority. So the all-seeing eye's cancel effect should ignore active player priority as well and be able to cancel a freeze whenever.

If the All-Seeing Eye does not function the same way as a counterspell than it is effectively useless during some other player's adventure phase. If you try to counter anyone's spells, well they have priority, their spells resolve first and its useless. This seems to make no sense to me.

Can someone else clear this up for us? It seems the Wikia is confusing the issue for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't clear it up, but I can point you to an older discussion with split opinions: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1150582/quick-question-abou...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.