Popular Tags: [View All]
Gautier
France
TASSIN LA DEMI LUNE
flag msg tools
badge
GruiiiiiiiiiK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, here's my question: it is possible to make an aerobreaking maneuver from Outer Planets transfer to Earth Orbit (Difficulty: 1), this maneuver is not possible from Inner Planet Transfer location. Have you not allowed this maneuver (aerobreaking from IPT to EO) intentionnally?

Anyway, thanks for your amazing game Joe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aerobreaking did not exist with the base game, which is why it is not on Inner Planets Transfer, which is a base game card.

Thematically, perhaps it has something to do with distance and speed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Outer Planets expansion replaces the original Inner Planets Transfer location.

But, wouldn't you need an atmosphere to aerobrake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth has an atmosphereninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gar0u wrote:
I think the Outer Planets expansion replaces the original Inner Planets Transfer location.

But, wouldn't you need an atmosphere to aerobrake?

Outer Planets only replaces Venus Fly-by and Mars Fly-by. The Mercury mini-expansion does replace Inner Planets Transfer, but that expansion was from the base game era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gautier
France
TASSIN LA DEMI LUNE
flag msg tools
badge
GruiiiiiiiiiK!
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:

Outer Planets only replaces Venus Fly-by and Mars Fly-by. The Mercury mini-expansion does replace Inner Planets Transfer, but that expansion was from the base game era.

Right.

After many plays, I decided to add an aerobreaking maneuver from IPT to Earth Orbit (with a difficulty=1, that seems fair).
The purpose is that it didn't make sense to me that you need to go to Mars or Venus Fly By locations only to test aerobraking, since you have a planet with an atmosphere just below your feet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.