Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very new to the game and I just realized you could actually Interact with Locations that you haven't conquered. For some reason I assumed you had to conquer them first before getting any benefits, but apparently that's not the case. So now I'm wondering, do you have to be adjacent to Interact with Villages/Monasteries/Mage Towers/Keeps/etc or can you be farther away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to be in the same space, not adjacent. If you can get there without having to knock some heads, great. If not, get knocking. That's what determines whether you have to conquer it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to conquer them if they are Cities, Keeps and Mage Towers. In multiplayer, however, the Mage Tower can belong to another player, as long as it has been conquered. You cannot interact in a monastery that has been burned down. There is no way to conquer villages, which can always be interacted with. There are no locations where you interact with them remotely--you must always be on the space itself in order to interact there. So, there really is no consistent rule. You have to read each location's reference card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, nevermind. Mis-misread that rule. Saw the rule stating "You can interact with locals at several different places on the map (villages, monasteries, keeps you own, and mage towers and cities conquered by any player)..." and missed the underlined portions. So apparently I HAVE been playing correctly then. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.