6 Posts

Fief: France 1429» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can uprising be played on a village that has no units? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paweł
Poland
flag msg tools
Can I play uprising on village with no troops but with one or more seniors or castle/mills? Are these seniors automatically killed and infrastructure destroyed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and Yes.
Note that if there are 3 lords and uprising dice is 1, one lord remains alive ... and the buildings are not destroyed.
Note that you need 2 uprising cards to destroy an empty castle and 3 for a fortified city, except if you also play a secret passage card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł
Poland
flag msg tools
iamnan wrote:
Yes and Yes.
Note that if there are 3 lords and uprising dice is 1, one lord remains alive ... and the buildings are not destroyed.
Note that you need 2 uprising cards to destroy an empty castle and 3 for a fortified city, except if you also play a secret passage card.

Got it. Just to be clear: what is the correct amount of damage dealt by uprising: 1 dice or 1 dice + 1 point? According to the most recent english rules it's just 1 dice, originally it was 1 dice + 1 point. Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
comrade7 wrote:
Got it. Just to be clear: what is the correct amount of damage dealt by uprising: 1 dice or 1 dice + 1 point? According to the most recent english rules it's just 1 dice, originally it was 1 dice + 1 point. Which is correct?

According to the rules (v1.12) on Academy Games's site:

Quote:
When an Uprising card is played on a Village, any Troops in the Village are immediately attacked with 1 Battle Die +1 bonus hit (for a possible 2-4 hits), even if it is not the Battle Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
iamnan wrote:
Yes and Yes.

According to the last rules I read if no troops survive all lords are auto killed... so whatever the roll everything goes if a dice is rolled (so still you need 2 uprisings to uprise a no troops castle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:
iamnan wrote:
Yes and Yes.

According to the last rules I read if no troops survive all lords are auto killed... so whatever the roll everything goes if a dice is rolled (so still you need 2 uprisings to uprise a no troops castle)

You are absolutely right. According to §10.1 my 2 notes were wrong :
§10.1 wrote:
If the Uprising kills all Troops in a Village, then: • Any remaining Lords are killed, since Captives are not taken, • All Mills and the Stronghold in the Village are destroyed. Fortified Cities are not affected.

I should have simply written
Quote:
Yes and Yes.
Note that you need 2 uprising cards to destroy an empty castle, except if you also play a secret passage card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.