Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just going to play a refresher game, after only playing it twice before about 8 years ago), plus with a couple of newcomers to get ourselves up to speed before introducing it to others and I'm just wanting to set up a basic game (that we can shoot through in hopefully 3-4 hours whistle ) and I don't want to play with the original ISC card so planning to use ISC 2.
My question is in the title - why is it it required to play with the AoE option apart from the obvious that there will no longer be a mechanic to flip over new objectives ? If that is the only reason can't we simply add in a mechanism for this, say after ISC 2 is played or in the Status phase ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
That is the primary reason. However, you can obviously house rule it however you want to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott. Me and my two mates are pretty experienced gamers and I think they would prefer the Objectives to come up incrementally rather than having them all out (I could be wrong yet on that yet ), as mentioned this is just a refresher/training game and I'll probably look to follow advice in the forums and look to use the SE objectives and strategy cards in the future (as well as options).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Me and my two mates are pretty experienced gamers and I think they would prefer the Objectives to come up incrementally rather than having them all out (I could be wrong yet on that yet )..

Well, for the sake of trying to finish in 3-4 hours (or even 5 or 6 really..) I think AoE with all public objectives face up from tstart would be a better choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba W
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO having all the objectives revealed from the beginning make for a more strategic game, you know what you should plan for and when.
You can even try to reach an instant win objective if they come up; I think in this variant they are no longer impossible, but just extremely hard to achieve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbanera wrote:
BeerAndBoard wrote:
Me and my two mates are pretty experienced gamers and I think they would prefer the Objectives to come up incrementally rather than having them all out (I could be wrong yet on that yet )..

Well, for the sake of trying to finish in 3-4 hours (or even 5 or 6 really..) I think AoE with all public objectives face up from tstart would be a better choice.

I wish I had read all the replies before I started the game cry - being a refresher/training game it was slow anyway but the Objectives just did not come out quick enough for anyone to do anything but build and expand and wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.