Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Want [+] [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed there is a LE version of Caylus due to be released at Essen 2007.

(http://mdoyle.blogspot.com/2007/02/sneak-peek-ystaris-premiu... )

Anybody know the expected cost and whether Ystari is planning on making this version available in the United States? I read something about pre-orders being taken for Essen, but I wasn't sure whether Ystari was planning on shipping the preordered items internationally or not.

Any news would be welcomed as I just discovered this moments ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Here's the info I posted on BoardgameNews.com back in early March:

Ystari's Cyril Demaegd has passed on more details about the Caylus Premium Limited Edition, images of which can be seen on Mike Doyle's Art Play (http://mdoyle.blogspot.com/2007/02/sneak-peek-ystaris-premiu...).

The Caylus Premium Limited Edition will be released at Essen, sold only at the Ystari booth, and not reprinted in the same format, if at all. Only 1,500 copies will be made, and the price will be around 49€. "We don't want to print too much of them," says Demaegd. "This edition will be a collectible, mainly for our pleasure because this is an expensive operation." The game will include some special components, such as metal deniers.

Gamers will be able to preorder the game through the Ystari website, most likely starting in May. Demaegd says, "Those who preorder will receive a special gift, a figure of King Phillip the Fair made especially for this edition."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never thanked you for your post, my apologies.

All that aside, I also emailed Ystari around the time of the initial posting and was told pre-sales should go live around June.

I wouldn't take that as anything binding as I'm not even sure who was behind the keyboard supplying this information. However, that is what was told.

Thank you, Mike Doyle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.