Subject: Receiving renown tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brock Huffman
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mb
If multiple players advance pass 7 renown at the same time due to the bottom half renown scoring of the chosen reputation card in Farworld is there a particular order that tokens should be claimed? I'm assuming the top token would go the player taking the action and clockwise after that, but just wanted to see if there was an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran into this exact situation last night, two player game. We just assumed the active player got the first one, and the second player the next. In a multiplayer game I would have suggested the same, the active player gets the top one, then clockwise from there. Looking forward to seeing the official answer!

~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Ran into this exact situation last night, two player game. We just assumed the active player got the first one, and the second player the next. In a multiplayer game I would have suggested the same, the active player gets the top one, then clockwise from there. Looking forward to seeing the official answer!

~Steve

This is what we do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:

~Steve

I'm sure I read Ryan confirm that it goes to the actove player first - but I couldn't find where that was to quote him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Brockoly3 wrote:
If multiple players advance pass 7 renown at the same time due to the bottom half renown scoring of the chosen reputation card in Farworld is there a particular order that tokens should be claimed? I'm assuming the top token would go the player taking the action and clockwise after that, but just wanted to see if there was an official ruling.

Looking at the rulebook on Page 15, "Farwold", it says that the active player gains any renown in the sign at the top first. It says that after this, all player gain renown based on the card's conditions.

Beyond that, the obvious answer would be to resolve renown gains in turn order, but it is not explicitly stated in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.