BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: The unofficial 2016 Essen Meeple Run rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morten Barklund
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Because of the huge turnout* last year, the unofficial Essen Meeple Run is back for Essen SPIEL 2016. Yehaaa!

It's a 12km (7.5 mile) fun-run around Essen. Still in the shape of a friggin' meeple!

We'll run it nice and steady and there'll be no winners except board gaming! The pace will be around 6 min/km (9.5 min/mile) or 10 km/h (6.2 mph).

Read more about it and sign up on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1573007783001574/

* We we're 3 runners in 2015. But as I ran alone in 2014, it was a huge increase in turnout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm planning to try and make this year, but I'm not sure I'll be in sufficient shape to keep that pace for the whole distance. If there are regular intersection stops it may be fine.

Where on the meeple is the start/end? Perhaps an early exit point may be possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Barklund
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
EarlyFlash wrote:
I'm planning to try and make this year, but I'm not sure I'll be in sufficient shape to keep that pace for the whole distance. If there are regular intersection stops it may be fine.

Last year the effective pace was 6:49min/km (or 11 min/mile), so we were clearly not rushing it.

EarlyFlash wrote:
Where on the meeple is the start/end? Perhaps an early exit point may be possible.

Ehm, that would be in the "private parts" area of the figure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't guarantee that I'll keep up, or finish the whole run, but I would love to join...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Morten - thanks so much for setting this up. I'll see you that Saturday morning. No Pain no gain, so I'm sticking with you all the whole way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.