United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
lets try and keep this brief

Title: Goullys (goo-lee-s)

Players: 1v1

Type: Board Strategy, Random Draw Character Focused Card Game, Combat PvP

Summary:
Two players draw random character cards to create a team of 3 each. Each character gets assigned to a piece on a board and each player secretly chooses one of those pieces to be their "commander". The goal of the game is to defeat the opponent's commander. The commander can switch character cards with other pieces and even mystery cards outside the board (this can also be done in a few other special ways to keep the commanders identity a secret).

full rule book

Mechanical Themes:
- Secrecy: your characters start face down and your commander piece is generally kept a secret unless used for switching.
- Positioning: there are few random elements that change strategy on a turn to turn basis. Therefor the game becomes more about gaining information, making a plan, and trying to keep that plan on track.

Artistic Themes:
No set theme has been chosen for the game. I am working with an artist on a series of theme ideas and art ideas to find one to really roll with. All flavor text and theme-ing may be subject to serious change.

Pieces:
- 1 Board
- 2 Character Sheets
- 6 Character pieces
- 20 Character cards (each unique)
- 40 Power-Up cards (12 unique types)
- Commander slips (optional. can be replaced with just paper)
- 35 damage tokens (optional. can be tracked with paper)

file for all current pieces (very beta)

About Post/Dev:
This team consists of one artist and one designer (yours truly). Both of us are freshmen in college. Starting college and being 800 miles from home has made organizing a blind test of the game very difficult. Serious tests may be able to be organized in a few weeks, but until then here is what we have. If you would like to see any of the concept art, just ask.

Main points of feedback:
-Rulebook. If there anything that is not made clear just from reading?
-Possible role models for the mechanical themes. This is my first game I'm putting out there and I'm very new to this community.
-Anything else if you are interested. All resource are here.

whistle

Even if you are just passing through, thank you so much for your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taela Sky
msg tools
The game sounds interesting. I read over your rules and in general the game play looks pretty straight forward. I did have some questions.

How exactly do you win? I think I understand how to win but it wasn't clear in the rules.

If only the Commander can switch character cards, then how do you keep the Commander hidden? Wouldn't they be outed as soon as the character cards are switched? Or am I missing something?

The cards refer to a "Dark Gouly" but I couldn't find a reference to them in the rules. Was that supposed to be dark card?

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Magers
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
You win by defeating the opposing commander. The commander can be outed by just switching all the time. Using power-ups or a special, you can make switches without revealing the commander. One switch also only narrows it down to two of the pieces, not an immediate reveal.

yeah, dark goullys are dark cards. thanks for letting me know it says that.

thanks you so much for the feedback. after some testplaying I am making the cards, rules and art better. hope to get you an update soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.