Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy in the mail today. Super excited. sorry if this is a stupid question but...

The opening pages of the rules indicate that any card with an "S" in the lower box is a start card.
Four of the yellow location cards have these in them. Who gets them? What do they indicate and where do the rules address this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JKidder wrote:
Just got my copy in the mail today. Super excited. sorry if this is a stupid question but...

The opening pages of the rules indicate that any card with an "S" in the lower box is a start card.
Four of the yellow location cards have these in them. Who gets them? What do they indicate and where do the rules address this?

If you look at the board you will see those five cities colored either red or blue. They should go in the corresponding start deck. So Lilybaeum, Panormus and Caralis into Carthage and Messana and Catana into Rome.

I was confused about this too, setting up my first game, and came at it from the other way. How come I'm putting towns in these cities but there are no start cards in the corresponding deck for them? Finding your question instantly answered it for me.

It's not explicit in the rule book but the colored borders correspond to Rome, Carthage, Corsica/Sardinia and Sicily. Both players start with cards of different border color in their draw deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
This confused me initially

Look at the color in the circle of the city on the map, example Messana is red, meaning a Roman location.

Edit. Wot Richard said, he beat me to it and had a fuller answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The colored edges was my idea. When we play tested, I said the hardest thing beginners would have is seeing a card in his/her hand and wondering where it was on the map.

So the idea was Sicily location cards are yellow border. Corsica-Sardinia location cards are green. Italian peninsula location cards are red and North African location cards are blue.

So when you see a yellow "Tyndaris" card and you don't know where it is, you can find it a lot more quickly.

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Helps a bunch, Judd. Except for us Color Blind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would have been very helpful if this was discussed in the rule book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AMEN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.